Taxi service

Anything and everything about Thailand
MissingThailand

Taxi service

Post by MissingThailand »

Ok before you guys get mad at me I tried to do a search of old topics on this and it came up with 893 to search through. So I went through some of them but did not get what I was looking for. My flight coming in is not bad, lands at 8:30 pm so that won't be a problem. Leaving out is 3:30 am flight so would need to leave out at midnight or so. I need a very reliable service. It has been 3 years since I made a visit so have lost my connections . I have heard about Mr. T. I don't want a bus I would like a good taxi service between say 1000 to 1500 baht. Thanks
windwalker

Re: Taxi service

Post by windwalker »

More info please. What are your dates of arrival and departure? You say you arrive at 8:30 pm and that is not a problem? Does that mean you have/have not transportation on that day?
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

I use Mr. Sit who is very reliable no matter time of night or day. Cost is 1200 Baht Pattaya-Airport or Airport-Pattaya. You can call or text him but he does not have a website.

089 784 8269
a447

Post by a447 »

Try Mr Toom.

[email protected]

I've used his service for years and he's reliable.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

a447 wrote:Try Mr Toom.
How much does he charge?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Adam Taxi to or from Airport 1000 to downtown 1200 Don Meung 1500...

081 515 1300 Have used him for more years then I care to remember.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
bao-bao

Post by bao-bao »

a447 wrote:Try Mr Toom.

[email protected]

I've used his service for years and he's reliable.
I've also had nothing but good luck with Mr. Toom's taxis. He has a group he draws from, and they're invariably there 15-20 minutes ahead of time. I've gone from my hotel in BKK to Pattaya with a driver who was heading to his place IN Pattaya. As it turned out, he brought me back to BKK a week later. The rates last time I used him (BKK to Pattaya or reverse) were 1200Bt for a taxi, 1700Bt for a mini-van that holds 4 and their baggage.
Moses

Post by Moses »

It is a funny topic...

First of all, before posting advice, what city we are talking about?

There are no city names and airport names in first post... nor name of the city which is the taxi's destinatio, nor city name from where taxi should pick up...

I know nice taxi service in Prague...
Local private gay guides and companions
[*] in South East Asia http://siamroads.com
[*] in Thailand http://bkktour.info/
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Moses wrote:First of all, before posting advice, what city we are talking about?
The subsequent posts make it clear the topic is about taxi service between Bangkok and Pattaya. Taxi service from Bangkok's two airports to and from Pattaya cost essentially the same.

I think it is logical to assume the topic is about taxi service between Bangkok and Pattaya. I believe most people would use a standard airport taxi if their destination is in Bangkok. Most board readers using a special or specific taxi service from the airport, if they're not going to a destination in Bangkok, then they're most likely going to Pattaya.

If they're going to another destination in Thailand, they're most likely to take another flight, or perhaps a bus or train, to get there. The last thing most would do is take a taxi from Bangkok to Chiang Mai, Hua Hin, Phuket, or wherever.

Something I've never figured out is why the last airport bus to and from Suvarnabhumi leaves at 9:00pm when so many international flights arrive between 11:00pm to 2:00am and so many depart during the wee hours. I've also never figured out why there is no bus service at all that I know of that runs between Pattaya and Don Muang Airport.
Moses

Post by Moses »

I think it is logical to assume the topic is about taxi service between Bangkok and Pattaya. I believe most people would use a standard airport taxi if their destination is in Bangkok. Most board readers using a special or specific taxi service from the airport, if they're not going to a destination in Bangkok, then they're most likely going to Pattaya.
Also it can be Phuket and Samui

about buses at night: I think the most likely reason is "sanuk and sabai" - nobody wants to work at deep night, but maybe they just need time to service engines and clean cabins...
Local private gay guides and companions
[*] in South East Asia http://siamroads.com
[*] in Thailand http://bkktour.info/