App for 90-day address report, etc. - coming "soon"

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: App for 90-day address report, etc. - coming "soon"

Post by Gaybutton »

richsilver wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:48 pm I got an error message.
Can you tell us what the error message said?
richsilver

Post by richsilver »

I will try again and let you know.
richsilver

Post by richsilver »

I filled out all the information once again (for the third time!). And once again received the following message: "Online application must be submitted within 15 days and not less than 7 days before due date (see example). Otherwise you can contact Immigration Branch Office in your residence area. DONE"

My 90-day report is due today, so I am within their time frame. There is no "example" to see. There is no option other than "DONE". Not very satisfactory!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

richsilver wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:33 pm not less than 7 days before due date

My 90-day report is due today, so I am within their time frame.
I think you're mistaken about being within their time frame. If it says not less than 7 days before due date. If your 90-day address report was due today, that is less than 7 days isn't it?

Seems to me those who wish to use the online app, they want the report submitted no less than 1 week in advance and no more than 2 weeks in advance of the due date.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:41 pm Seems to me those who wish to use the online app, they want the report submitted no less than 1 week in advance and no more than 2 weeks in advance of the due date.
Another possibility, which if I recall correctly, is/was a problem with their other online 90 day address reporting system. That problem is it will not work for folks whose last entry into Thailand was before they set up the 90 day reporting database and your data is not included. Consequently, as I understand it, when you enter your last entry date into the system, it can't match it, thus the message to go to Immigration to do the report.

For those doing in person, you can report up to 2 weeks before and 7 days after (these are calendar days, not business days), there is no fine involved. I have often made the report after the due date, but so far not more than 3 days after, with no problems at Immigration. Since the bf volunteered to do it for me :D , I haven't been to Immigration personally to do the report in over a year - bf doesn't mind and easy for him to park his motorcycle and usually very little if any wait.
richsilver

Post by richsilver »

I'm pretty sure 2lz2p is correct. Last time I entered Thailand was December 2017. I did my reporting in person this morning and I was in and out in 2 minutes.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

richsilver wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:45 pm I'm pretty sure 2lz2p is correct. Last time I entered Thailand was December 2017. I did my reporting in person this morning and I was in and out in 2 minutes.
If you last entered in 2017, then you shouldn't have had a problem on the basis of date of entry as that should have been updated when you last entered Thailand. So, apparently a different glitch caused the problem.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:09 pm apparently a different glitch caused the problem.
What glitch? If it says not less than 7 days, but you try to submit the report within 7 days and it doesn't get accepted, where's the glitch?

Has anyone successfully used the app yet?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Today I tried the app. It doesn't work for me either. First it wouldn't accept my passport number. Then I tried using my old passport number, the one on the arrival/departure card. The app accepted that number. That tells me despite the fact that immigration has on record my current passport number - and I've had that number since getting a new passport in 2015 - obviously somewhere that number was never updated.

Ok, now that the app accepted the old passport number and everything else required to fill in, I went to the "Next" button to submit the form.
Instead of the form getting submitted, I got the following:
Online application must be submitted within 15 days and not less than 7 days before due date (see example). Otherwise you can contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area.
I am within 15 days and not less than 7 days. I'll try again in a few days, but for some strange reason I'm predicting it still won't work.

I like the part that says "see example." I'll be glad to see it once I can find it. If it's on the app, it's well hidden from me.

Apparently the app can't figure out what date it is today and current passport records are not updated.

Other than that, it works great!

So, I have a feeling I'll still be doing my 90-day address report at immigration. I will report the flaws when I go, but three guesses whether that will do any good for next time.

Why am I not surprised . . . ?
ISAC69

Post by ISAC69 »

I think it's the Thai thinking again to declare something but actually do the opposite. My guess is to calm down the protest of the 90 days report they declare that it can be done easily through the app, but actually made an app that doesn't work deliberately to force you to come to immigration and sign there.