Linking mobile phones to Thai bank accounts

Anything and everything about Thailand
Alex

Re: Linking mobile phones to Thai bank accounts

Post by Alex »

Kasikorn now offers an app named "K-Secure" that can be used to generate OTPs instead of receiving them by SMS. According to recent App Store comments, it doesn't work, but if/when they fix it, it might be a good alternative for those who cannot receive SMS sent to their Thai number overseas.

Just to reiterate though, I have no problem receiving SMS sent to my Thai number while I'm not in Thailand. I'm using AIS, set up roaming and it works as expected.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Alex wrote:I'm using AIS, set up roaming and it works as expected.
So that there is no confusion, AIS and 1-2-Call are the same.

I read the comments about K-Secure. Just about all of them are negative, saying it doesn't work. I saw only one comment saying it worked fine. Many of the comments are only a couple days old.

In other words, until it gets updated and made workable and reliable, you might as well forget it.

What I don't understand is don't these people who make apps test them out to make sure they do work before putting them online? That app is by far not the only app I've seen that doesn't work.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I just realized something else you can do. Unless there is a vital reason to conduct your transactions through K-Bank, if what you're trying to do is money transfers, you might switch your K-Bank account to either Bangkok Bank or Siam Commercial.

If you set up everything while you're in Thailand and do a first money transfer, both banks will require an OTP for the first transaction. After that, they will do the transfers without an OTP. If the account to which you're transferring money is already set up and you have done a first transfer, from then on any time you want to transfer money from your account to the recipient you have already set up, one click of the button and the transaction is done - with no OTP.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

I use my Thai sim card(AIS) in America to receive OTP from my TMB account. No problem. The OP must have the roaming, data usage properly set in the Settings menu. Best to understand and review the mobile settings.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

I vaguely remember getting Password by SMS on my Thai mobile number (AIS) in Germany, without Setting up roaming. When i Switch on the phone with Thai SIM out of Thailand, there are some SMS telling me about roaming, so the number is recognized and can receive SMS. I think only to make and receive calls you have to set up roaming, but I never did as charges are outrageous.