12 Years in Pattay&.Then and Now...Part 2

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

12 Years in Pattay&.Then and Now...Part 2

Post by Undaunted »

The following truths are self evident:

I loved Chiangmai long ago when there were no taxis the lotus hotel was largely the center of gay life, of course having the original Adam Apple directly across the street didn't hurt...A.Apple I.M.H.O. was the best go go in Thailand now I am going back at least 10 years before it fell into disarray and a guy from Calif. reopened it but never to be the same.
When I decided to live in L.O.S. I wanted to see where It was better 4 me to live either in BKK or Pattaya so after a short stint in Pattaya I stayed in a nice Serv. apt. Near Soi 19 in Sukumvit BKK. There was and still is 2 bars directly across from each other at the entrance to Soi Twilight this became my starting point most evenings. I met a woman(Faghag) from Manchester she loved the bars as much as I did, we clicked. My evenings usually wound up at a go go named Top Man(not to be confused with a bar by the same name in Sunee Plaza. This Top Man was upstairs at the end of the Soi where D.J. Station ha been long as I can remember.The mamasan was A very nice Katoy and there were usually 8 to 10 guys working there one was named Plah(fish)....He was not surprisingly from Essan, he was straight, well endowed and truly versatile, almost nightly I would seek him out.
Soi 4 hasn't changed much unlike most places in L.O.S. Telegraph was a place for trade they positioned themselves conspicuously along the back wall by the hung nam. This became a great place to meet and greet :twisted: If all else failed walking bye the Pan Pacific hotel was usually fruitful however perhaps the sleaziest trade frequented this local.

BKK was great fun however, there was fuck all to do during the day, I became solely nocturnal even the cleaning people knew not to come to my apartment before 4PM.....having said that I returned to Pattaya and still made the occasional trip to BKK.

Pattaya has been covered oh so well in part 1that now I fear there is little to add.
Thanks for the memories!
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Re: 12 Years in Pattay&.Then and Now...Part 2

Post by Gaybutton »

When I made my very first trip to Thailand, before I had ever even had heard of Pattaya, I went to Bangkok. I had read about Utopia. Utopia used to have a guesthouse and that's where I stayed. John Goss, the owner and Doug Thompson, the author of "The Men of Thailand," took me out to the bars for my very first experience. They showed me "the ropes".

I've forgotten the name of the bar - it's long gone anyway - but the very first bar we went to I was totally overwhelmed. I had no idea what to expect. There were about 30 boys and every one of them were completely naked. I had never seen anything like it. John and Doug explained about what to do to have a boy sit with you, explained about 'off,' and explained about short time rooms, which that bar had. Needless to say, it wasn't long before I was in one of those short time rooms with a boy of my dreams. I was certainly in that bar several more times and went to quite a few different bars too.

I will never forget that first experience.
pong

Post by pong »

Its BKK then-my 1st was a little later as Peter and before undaunted-when TopMan was still (If I recall) the Butterfly?bar-no, it was Gardenbar-same format-a bunch of nice guys, mostly real gay, who might perform some kind of dancing/show later in the evening, no off-fee, but cannot really remember that katoey. Across soi and before DJ was another a bit similar type of ''meet&greet''bar. THE place to go for dancing was then ClubROME in soi4.
The introduction for me came as a book-it has been remembered here more as once, TMOT=The Men Of Thailand, explaining it all and giving listings and good advice. But I was seduced by a small Thai guy who smelled me before I did him and showed me around. Pattaya came only much later and at that time it did again turn me on. Even more did visits to ChiangMai-now just a pale heritage of that-long before that Adams Apple opened (Now I recall-Butterfly bar was there-beside night-market).
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

Chiang Mai was my third destination (after Bangkok and Pattaya of course) and I too loved Adams' Apple. It was so convenient for a resident at the Lotus.
I remember it being standing-room only (this was in the late 90s) and, if you can remember those stairs, you may wonder what the effect of a fire would have been.
There were usually thirty or so guys, predominantly twinks but I can remember occasions when the best-looking guys were among the spectators. Young and Thai (of course) whom I assumed to be from CM Univeristy.
I wasn't an admirer of the show ( I never am!) but and had often retired to my room with a new friend by the time it started. I do remember the three khatoeys who used to appear between the "sexy" acts, the tallest of whom had a very high opinion of herself. On one occasion, her co-performer-always in the background- was given her own slot. The tall khatoey sabotaged it mercilessly by giggling at her. Sometimes, a group of the dancers had to entertain the audience while the next act was prepared by appearing naked. They often looked embarrassed....which embarrassed me.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

What made Adam's Apple great was that the shows were centered around themes such as boys playing basketball and going naked to the showers and boys dressed as scouts and the cute scoutmaster tell them to strip and wank and they dutifully follow his commands.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

I took a newbie friend to Screwboys in the late 90's and was he surprised (shocked) when about 25 boys stepped forward one at a time and jacked off for the grand finale at the prompting of the mamasan who was shouting in the mike "only at Screwboys, only at Screwboys". As San Franciscans we thought we had seen it all. Twilight Bar on Soi Twilight had a similar show but on a smaller scale.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote:There were about 30 boys and every one of them were completely naked. I had never seen anything like it
Would be nice if one or two bars offered that kind of display today.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Jun wrote:
Gaybutton wrote:There were about 30 boys and every one of them were completely naked. I had never seen anything like it
Would be nice if one or two bars offered that kind of display today.
I wouldn't hold your breath there is a new reality in L.O.S and it doesn't include the above. If it continued today there'd be little need for a topic rooted solely in the past!
a447

Post by a447 »

My first trip to Thailand was in the early nineties (1992?) when I dropped in to Chiang Mai on the way back to Japan from Europe. I had a few days off and decided to go to CM as a friend told me how beautiful it was. He also told me about some gay bars around the night market. I just had to go and see for myself. I stayed at the Dusit hotel next to the market.

Wandering around the market looking for the bars I was suddenly accosted by a young guy. OMG! He was absolutely gorgeous. Instant hard-on.

I had no idea he was gay - I just thought that he maybe wanted to practise his English, something that happened to me just about every day in Japan. He asked me where I was staying and next thing I know, he's suggesting he come to my room for sex. WTF??

In Japan I was used to availing myself of the short-term hotels called "tsurekomi" but the Dusit was a proper hotel and there was no way I could take a guy back to my room - well, that was what I thought back then.

So he suggested we go to his house. I told him I didn't want to ride on a motorbike, especially without a helmet. Way too dangerous. Sorry!

"I want have sex. Have big cock. Sure."

I got on the back of his motorbike and off we went. What I didn't know is that he lived way out in the country and it took close to an hour to get there. As I sat on the back I put my hands up his t-shirt and also spent a lot of time groping him. Yep, he really did have a big cock!

We enjoyed an incredible night of passion and I fucked him numerous times. He took me back to the hotel late the next day. I got his phone number and told him I'd be back. I didn't give him my number as I was living in a company apartment and was to afraid in case he rang and someone else picked up the phone.

Unfortunately, I lost his phone number. Over the next year or so I dropped into CM many times and wandered around the market looking for him. But I never met him again.

So I kind of gave up on Thailand until I re-discovered it in the early 2000s. Over the following years since I've been fortunate enough to meet many, many guys like him. He wasn't a one-off as I first thought. Thailand is overflowing with lovely, sexy, hung guys. These days, of course, I pay for the privilege.

I've visited CM a number of times over the past decade. I love the guys at Adam's Apple and have also had some fantastic massages there, too. I find CM a pleasant change from Bkk and Pattaya. The gay scene there is quite subdued but I've always managed to enjoy myself. And those hot, hung Shan guys!! OMG!

Apart from Adams there are a few other bars but they don't do it for me. They aren't really gogo bars. On the occasions I've visited I've been the only customer, whereas Adams is always full.

Pattaya is in decline but there is still heaps is fun to be had there. I don't need heaps of bars. I don't care if many of the old places have gone. There's still enough choice. I just need to go to one and find a nice guy to spend my holiday with.

It looks like I missed out on lots of fun in the 80s and 90s. But I'm doing my best now to make up for it!
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

I agree with a447's penultimate paragraph. It's a question of quality over quantity.....in my "golden" days (late 90s) there were fewer bars around but they were - if only in retrospect- more fun. The number of gay visitors to Pattaya is such that fewer bars are needed and those which survive will be busier. And more fun.