New Italian Restaurant, La Bocca

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
lvdkeyes

Re: New Italian Restaurant, La Bocca

Post by lvdkeyes »

We finally gave La Bocca a try. It's a very pleasant place with good food and moderate prices, not the cheapest nor the most expensive. They started us with a basket of bread and balsamic vinegar and olive oil. We mistakenly ordered a pizza to share as a starter. The pizza was thin,crispy and delicious, but was about 14 inches in diameter; a bit too much for a starter, even for two. We ate half and brought the remainder home. I had tagliatelle with meat and tomato sauce. It had a delicious flavor, but the pasta was a bit too al dente. My bf has seafood spaghetti which he said was good. I tasted one strand of spaghetti and it was al dente, but not too much so. They served a generous dish of Gran Padano cheese for the pasta. I had crostada for dessert which was delicious. My bf had cheesecake with a chunky berry sauce and vanilla ice cream. He thoroughly enjoyed it. We both had water to drink. The owner brought a bottle of homemade limoncello and poured us each a small complimentary glass. When he asked if we enjoyed our food, I was honest about my pasta being a bit too al dente. He graciously apologized, explaining the chef was from Sicily. He explained that Sicilians like the pasta very al dente. He said he would tell the chef and that he "wasn't cooking for Sicilians." We had a laugh over that. Total bill was 1100 THB which included a 10% service charge. We will definitely go there again.
TOQ

Post by TOQ »

The bill was how much please ? :)
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:Total bill was 100 THB
I have a funny feeling that amount is a typo. If it isn't, that's where I'll be eating every night from now on - even if the pasta is too al dente . . .
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Oops! I edited it.
TOQ

Post by TOQ »

Now that makes more sense :) :) Sounds like a place to try
bao-bao

Post by bao-bao »

TOQ wrote:Now that makes more sense :) :) Sounds like a place to try
It does, indeed. Good Italian food is always a pleasure for me. Add seafood to the mix and I'm in hog heaven (the key word there perhaps being "hog" LOL).

I admire the restraint most of you seem to have in regards to dining out there - my guess is I'd be tempted to overeat. I don't often eat the quantities or types of food that I normally have in the US when I'm visiting Thailand - in fact, I usually lose close to 10 pounds in a few weeks there, but I tend to put that back on after returning home. Probably related to becoming more sedentary again.

I've always enjoyed meals out with resident friends there, though. Wish I could have made time to have a few more this trip just ended.