Pattaya Gay Pride March

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Pattaya Gay Pride March

Post by Jun »

Firstly, thank you to Montree for posting the photos.

Secondly, I've only been to one UK pride parade, which was in London. The scenes were not dissimilar to Pattaya, although with more men in speedos than cross dressing. Boris Johnson also attended. The acceptance of this kind of event in the UK is sufficient for me.
Jun

Post by Jun »

A Pattaya Pride video. Unfortunately, the ratio of lady boys, ladies and cross dressers to cute boys is rather high. Montree posted a far better selection.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:49 pm the ratio of lady boys, ladies and cross dressers to cute boys is rather high.
Apparently whoever recorded the video - that was his interest. For all we know, the person recording the video might be a lady boy or cross dresser. Even so, it is an excellent video. I'm glad you found it.
Montree

Post by Montree »

I wondered if I might spot myself in the crowd but the daytime footage was filmed near the start whereas I took my photos as the Parade arrived at Central Shopping.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:51 am Apparently whoever recorded the video - that was his interest. For all we know, the person recording the video might be a lady boy or cross dresser.
Probably. Here's another video, with a slightly better balance. Best to turn the sound off at the start.

At this point, I've noticed one crucial difference.
The You Tube videos I found were in obviously shot in Jomtien, but Montree was taking photos in Pattaya. Were there 2 different parades ?

This one actually has someone I recognise, with the lovely young bar manager from Divarium making an appearance just past 2 minutes.
Montree

Post by Montree »

Ah, that explain's why the video looks so different to what I saw and why I assumed it was the beginning, I didn't look hard enough. Yes there were two Parades with the one in Jomtien taking place about two weeks earlier. The "Pride Festival" in Pattaya itself practically took over the Central Shopping Mall with huge rainbow banners hanging down from the top floors and rainbow painted surfaces in many places. Then there was a concert in the evening outside the Mall and another celebration on the beach with stalls and music etc.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:25 am Here's another video, with a slightly better balance.
Both videos you posted are very good. I thought this video was much better than the first one you posted. It does a great job of knowing what it was like being there.

I also like seeing everyone enjoying it and having a lot of fun, unlike the USA where the parade would probably at the very least be protested and heckled and you also could almost expect some maniac to drive a car or truck at high speeds into the crowd or some nut to show up and start shooting people. Second Amendment - bang bang. And if anyone where you work recognizes you, say goodbye to your job. All the more reason why I love living in Thailand where none of that happens and the people, even the politicians, are supportive.

If anyone encounters any more of this year's Pattaya Pride March, please post. Photos are also welcome.
Montree

Post by Montree »

These really are the last few I have. Several show the activity around the Central Shopping Mall.

Sadly I missed the Jomtien Parade due to a misunderstanding about the date.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Thank you Montree. My favorite is still the boy who has his prices listed all over his body. He looks like he is having a good time, so he's the very definition of mixing business with pleasure . . .