Bar Reports

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Bar Reports

Post by Jun »

There is now a bar between Zing and Agate, so approximately across the street from East Suites. I haven't heard this bar play loud music, yet, but don't rule it out.

Getting back to the Jomtien bars, an excellent night out was recently had. Another member was celebrating a personal milestone in considerable style, in the company of his young Asian friends and some other board participants. Far more lively than such events at home.
The music was a fraction too loud early on, but I think they turned it down after a while and we had a very good time. As did a few other customers.
BKKDreamer

Post by BKKDreamer »

Expanding on what GB wrote about staying outside of the Complex - you could try AirBnB.
For my first 3 weeks while I was looking for a new apartment - I stayed in the below studio in View Talay 5.
It is IMPORTANT that the place that you choose is Pattaya facing - as it is very quiet and the sunset views are fabulous.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1154618?gu ... 9fb9502375

Now I am on the Jomtien side facing onto the Jomtien Complex - and when the Soda guys start screaming - then it is very noticeable from my balcony. We have double paned glass doors - so when I shut them I hardly can hear the sounds from Supertown. However, I find those sounds to be entertaining, especially when I record the sounds when it is raining of:

1.) the frogs in chorus,
2.) the birds - with their unique Thailand sound,
3.) the Soda guys queening it up with their screaming cackles.

I once sent this recording to my friends in Italy and I asked them to tell me where am I ? They all replied, Jurassic Park --> hahahaha.....
Jun

Post by Jun »

Winner Boys. Just after 9:00.

I visited briefly. On stage were 3 tubs of lard and 1 cute skinny guy who never makes eye contact with any customer. He's always looking at the top of the wall. One other cute guy, but not on stage. Just the bar owner sat outside.
The other cute lad from my last visit isn't here.

The customer numbers peaked at 6 during my one drink stay. One customer arrives, pats the skinny cute lad on the butt and drags him off stage. The cute lad is smiling and enjoying himself.
Now with only the 3 tubs of lard on stage, the 2 farangs in front of me leave, with the drinks half finished. With nothing to look at, I send a couple of messages via Line and leave for Jomtien. Draught beer 89 baht.

Jomtien.
Divarium: One beer at 90 baht
Adonis: Singha Beer 80 baht, boy drink 140 and the boy gets 50 from that.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

I had to google what "tub of lard" means exactly in my language, but as I understand it you claim 3 boys in Winnerboys were fat. I visit this bar at least once a week and have been doing so ever since it was opened. I can't even recall last time I saw a boy there that would qualify as fat. Maybe one 4 years ago or so...

So I can just respectfully conclude we must have very different views of what a fat boy is. Unless there are some brand new boys the last days, all the current boys in Winnerboys are slim and healthy looking in my opinion. Except one straightlooking boy who is more muscular bodytype.
Jun

Post by Jun »

SP55 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:59 pmSo I can just respectfully conclude we must have very different views of what a fat boy is.
I'm possibly being a little harsh. Of the 3 that were not my type, none were slim. Perhaps calling one muscular (with tattoos) and two as slightly overweight or flabby would be fairer than my previous description.
However, these are certainly not the kind of skinny twinks I expect to see in Winner Boys and are quite different to what I have seen here on previous trips.

As soon as the only skinny one was taken off stage, two other customers abandoned their drinks and left.

There was also one more cute and very pleasant skinny type there on my previous visit, so I'm not giving up on the bar yet. Hopefully that one is still working there.

The kind of lad I like has a BMI in the 17-20 range, although there is at least one exception who I meet regularly, where a nice smile and personality compensates.

There are plenty of such attractive skinny types around. I'm pleased to see another past favourite of mine has returned from Laos after over 2 years and having spotted him in Jomtien, he's still in superb shape.
Actually, every single lad who has been to my hotel room in Pattaya on this trip was from Laos or Cambodia.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I read somewhere that the owner of Winner Boys is reluctant to hire foreign staff, so he's excluding all the Lao and Khmer lads who would be the type of slim cute boys we hope to find there.
I know he's reluctant to do anything that results in the payment of tea money, so I can easily believe the no foreign staff policy. I don't recall speaking to a non-Thai lad there.

The Jomtien bars have no such limitations.
I'm not sure about Boyztown, but pre-covid, bars like Toy Boys and Cupidol had staff from Cambodia and Laos. Some of their ex-staff are still around, in Pattaya and Bangkok.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:10 pm I read somewhere that the owner of Winner Boys is reluctant to hire foreign staff
I can't say I blame him for not wanting to pay the tea money. Then again, it might be worth it to be able to bring in a lot of boys and get business thriving again, especially now, since we are in high season.

I don't know what I would do if I were in his shoes.

And yes, we are in high season now, which I believe will be make or break for some of these bars - and yet I don't see the bars doing a thing to try to attract customers. If the noise level in Jomtien Complex is as Jun described, it seems more as if they are bent on driving away customers. If the noise level is that bad, then very sorry bars, but for me it's bye-bye.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:45 pmI don't know what I would do if I were in his shoes.
Neither do I. Since I have no intention of opening a bar myself, I'm going to respect the rights of bar owners not to risk hiring foreign staff.
However, a gogo bar needs some boys I like to get me back. As Winner was OK on one of my two visits, it will get another chance.
Gaybutton wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:45 pm If the noise level in Jomtien Complex is as Jun described, it seems more as if they are bent on driving away customers. If the noise level is that bad, then very sorry bars, but for me it's bye-bye.
Several members here and on other forums have recently criticised noise levels in Jomtien Supertown. Yesterday, the main offender was The Sun, with relatively high volumes also across the street. With whatever party they had, The Sun and the neighbouring Home bar were busy, the latter possibly helped by its new cabaret show.
However, the bars next to these, that also suffer from the noise, had few customers.
I gather at least one bar has raised the matter with the Supertown management, but they don't want to get involved.

For reasonable volume, customers often need to go either to the top of the soi or around the corner at the bottom end to Sunee Bar, or the one next to it. Sunee Bar has some nice boys. Customers can also catch a glimpse of the cabaret shows at The Venue and at Home bar.
The Home bar show had some quite tall and slim athletic guys in speedos at one point. So if they could moderate the music volume, I would visit.

Sunee Bar and its neighbour don't have dedicated toilets, so they use those in Paradise Massage across the road. These were rated as 0/10 by another board member. Toilet facilities elsewhere in Jomtien are usually satisfactory to good.

As long as at least one part of Jomtien Supertown doesn't have loud music, it's still the best place in Pattaya for a night out. Sunee is nearly dead. Jomtien beats Boyztown by having cute lads milling around and cheaper drinks.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:38 am Jomtien beats Boyztown by having cute lads milling around and cheaper drinks.
And cheaper off fees and cheaper tip expectations.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:18 pm And cheaper off fees and cheaper tip expectations.
And actually having boys I would want to off. My last Boyztown "off" would probably be about 5 years ago from Cupidol. I haven't been meeting Boyztown lads on the apps either.

Admittedly, I don't actually know what the Jomtien off fees are like these days either. Does anyone here know ?
Whilst several lads I know work in Jomtien, I met all of them via the apps, before I found out they work in Jomtien or in some cases, long before they got a job in Jomtien. They also tend to be freelance, so can show up at the bars when they feel like it.
There are bar boys in Jomtien that are very much of interest, but so far I haven't had much time to try new guys. If some of my regulars really go home for a holiday in January, that might be time to experiment.