Here we go again. Won't they EVER learn?

Anything and everything about Thailand
a447

Re: Here we go again. Won't they EVER learn?

Post by a447 »

Is this reaction because of a deep-seeded feeling of guilt that you carry for harboring your own desires, or, simply an expression of personal jealousy because someone else experienced what you yourself desired?
got caught doing something that you yourself have either done or wanted to do at some point during your horny escapades in Thailand
What an extraordinary post!

Highly presumptive and highly offensive.

Please do not tar me with the same brush.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Dodger wrote:It doesn't take a brain surgeon to understand that breaking the law has its potential consequences - and that the minimum age for sex in Thailand is set at 18. But what does require a brain surgeon is understanding why you, of all people, would want to chastise a guy who got caught doing something that you yourself have either done or wanted to do at some point during your horny escapades in Thailand.
Dodger, I enjoy your trip reports and a lot of your contributions, but this goes too far. You cannot in any way tar everyone with the same brush. I know expats here who have boyfriends a great deal younger than they are and I know tourists who happily spend their evenings in bars of all types enjoying the company of young guys who, as you say, could be their grandchildren. In discussions over many years with many who enjoy visiting/being in Thailand, I have never yet come across anyone who seriously wants to take an underage boy to bed - legally underage that is. I expect you are right that some do. And perhaps some others actually do so not because they have a particular desire to bed a 17 or 16 year old; more because they failed to check IDs.

But as has been said here before, what is there that is so exciting about someone who is 17 years old when so many in Thailand and in some other parts of Asia look that and younger yet are in fact 20 or 21? If there is a specific desire to have sex with someone who is specifically 17 years old, as farangthai's posts seem to imply he has, then there must surely be a deeper psychological reason. Given that the farang who is the subject of this post specifically advertised for young guys aged 15, 16, 17 as well as 18, you cannot - and should not - equate his illegal activities with those of other members who read this Board. The fact is he has been arrested for sexual relations with a 17 year old. It could equally well have been a 15-year old. In that case, would your have modified your comments?

Anyone who breaks the law, whatever their hidden desires, deserves to be punished to the full extent of the law. Sorry, Dodger, I just cannot agree with you.
artic55

Post by artic55 »

I am always surprised to the vast attention and heated discussion on this forum, when ever some one is caught having sex or accused of having sex with underage boy here in Thailand. I can't help but wonder why!!!!
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

artic55 wrote:I can't help but wonder why!!!!
Meaning?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

All this conjecture is meaningless as it simply comes down to "buyer beware" and accepting the consequences of one's own actions! This is not a moral judgement.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

artic55 wrote:I can't help but wonder why!!!!
When I see an article about this I post it as a reminder and warning. Also people who do these things give the rest of us a bad, undeserved reputation. Many of us have struggled for years trying to eliminate the stigma associated with being gay, especially since there still is so much assumption that if a person is gay, he is also a pedophile.

The fact that so many of these arrests involve a farang having sex with an under-age boy and the fact that in comparison there is hardly ever an article about an arrest involving a farang having sex with an under-age girl - that does not help. Even just one such arrest sets us back and stigmatizes us further.

I believe those are the main reasons why this subject always provokes much discussion.

Dodger wrote:But what does require a brain surgeon is understanding why you, of all people, would want to chastise a guy who got caught doing something that you yourself have either done or wanted to do at some point during your horny escapades in Thailand.
That's quite an assumption on your part. Do you see yourself as a mind reader who knows what other people think and want to do? Speaking only for myself, I have zero interest in under-age boys and don't even find them attractive. I have a lot of farang friends and acquaintances here and I don't know a single one who has ever so much as hinted at a desire for sex with under age boys.

Speak for yourself, Dodger, but don't presume that you're speaking for anyone else.
thaifarang

Post by thaifarang »

fountainhall wrote:as farangthai's posts seem to imply he has
You read me wrong. I have no desire to have sex with someone because of his age of 17. I am saying that I can imagine getting aroused by someone and then want sex with him, but have to decline because he sadly is only 17.

So it is then for me a just world when someone gets in jail who does not have the decency to follow the law and takes the risk. Because people should feel the consequences of their actions.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

thaifarang wrote:You read me wrong. I have no desire to have sex with someone because of his age of 17
If I have misread your posts, then I apologise.
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

Reading this thread reminded me of something that happened on my previous trip.

I met up again with a lad I had liked from a couple of of years before. He told me first time around he was 18 yet two years later his profile says 19. Asking him about it he laughed and said "first time only 17". I can only muse about how that could easily have ended.

Moral of the story - be careful.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Captain Kirk wrote:Moral of the story - be careful.
If a boy's age is questionable, check his ID card. His birthday will be on it. And make sure the ID card is actually his. Some of these boys are not above borrowing a friend or relative's ID card.

If the boy gives some excuse for not having his ID card with him, that's very likely an "alternative fact." Find a different boy. Besides, without his ID card the hotel probably won't let him go to the farang's room anyway.

Years ago, when he was running The Ambiance, Jim Lumsden told me a story. A farang guest wanted to bring a boy to his room. Like most hotels, when someone wants to bring a "guest" to his room, the hotel holds the boy's ID card until the boy is ready to leave and the hotel checks with the farang to make sure there are no problems. When the boy gave his ID card to the Thai desk clerk, the clerk had a little surprise. The ID card didn't belong to the boy. The ID card belonged to the desk clerk - it was the one he had lost several days before.

Needless to say, the boy never made it to the now very angry farang's room.