Don't do it again

Anything and everything about Thailand
readerc54

Don't do it again

Post by readerc54 »

Driver of the bus that suddenly appears on the wrong side of road reportedly fined bht 5k and told not to do it again.

http://bangkokjack.com/2017/01/05/video ... s-driving/
Gaybutton

Re: Don't do it again

Post by Gaybutton »

I'm not the least bit surprised. I see the same kind of driving virtually every day, often several times every day - drivers who think nothing of entering an oncoming traffic lane to pass another vehicle, and it doesn't seem to make any difference whether that lane is occupied or not. You're simply expected to get out of the way.

The only aspect of the video that comes as any surprise at all is that the BiB bothered to fine the bus driver at all. The usual attitude I see is 'no accident, no problem.'

My guess is that driver is right back on the road, still driving the bus the same way.
Gaybutton

Re: Don't do it again

Post by Gaybutton »

Tour bus driver fined for dangerous driving

By Albert Jack

January 5, 2017

A video, taken by a Thai motorist, has gone viral across Thai Social Media networks revealing a tour coach driver recklessly endangering the lives of forty passengers and numerous other road users.

The un-named driver who posted the clip was forced to pull his car off the road as the tour coach appeared in front of him overtaking a line of vehicles on a blind corner.

The Lampamg Transport Office reviewed the clip and identified the coach driver as twenty-four year old Mr Tanva Nasuriwong who was called in to explain his actions.

Nasuriwong claimed that he was part of a convoy of eighteen coaches taking passengers from Phayao Province to Bangkok and had lost his place in the group so was hurrying to catch up. He also claimed not to know there was a speed limit on that part of the road.

Far from having his license removed and thrown out of a job Nasuriwong was fined 5000 baht and told ‘not to do it again.’

The incident, which took place on Route 103 in the Ngao district of the northern Thai province, was posted to the Facebook page of Jakaphong Seniwonse Na Ayutdhya.

http://pattayaone.news/en/video-tour-bu ... s-driving/