Winter Arrives in Pattaya

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Winter Arrives in Pattaya

Post by Undaunted »

The weather here in magnificent it is sooooo cool and low humidity.. no need for air conditioning just beautiful!
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Oliver

Re: Winter Arrives in Pattaya

Post by Oliver »

I've just been speaking with P. in Kamphaeng Phaet....even cooler up there. Too cool for him, he says.
It was only eleven months ago that we froze in Chiang Mai and I wore a pullover for the first time in twenty years of visits. It wasn't enough to keep me warm. The mists over Doi Suthep descended into the city itself, leaving the summit clear. Quite a spectacle.
It was a relief to arrive in the pleasantly-warm Pattaya. I envy you.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Oliver wrote:The mists over Doi Suthep descended into the city itself, leaving the summit clear. Quite a spectacle.
Doi Suthep is stunning, did you walk the steps or opt for the lift?
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

I've been many times....have used both methods.
We were in Chiang Mai in September and instead of Doi Suthep, visited another temple with a magnificent view over the city , far below. Mea culpa- I can't recall the name. It's close to the Queen's botanical gardens.
My only complaint about these temples is that are crowded and often too noisy. This is why the Thai temple I like best is the Lanna one near Chiang Saen in Chiang Rai province. We were there in the early morning and we had the place to ourselves. Magical.
artic55

Post by artic55 »

What happened to "Global Warming".......Hope it stays this way in January when I arrive.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

artic55 wrote:What happened to "Global Warming".......Hope it stays this way in January when I arrive.
Global warming is a hoax brought upon by the Chinese :!:
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

That's good news for the low-lying islands in the Pacific! I can just see them shouting, "Hoax! Hoax!" as the seawater laps around their ankles.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Pattaya always seems at a comfortable temperature at this time of year.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

Its coastal location is a blessing. I cannot remember extended periods when there has been no breeze, even in March. And last January (the time mentioned above relating to Chiang Mai), we arrived in Pattaya fully appreciative of the temperate conditions after the chill we'd been experiencing.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Well it may be all over....today is **+#ing baking hot at 1 pm!!