Whats Happening at Sansuk and Baan Souy Gay Resorts?

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Whats Happening at Sansuk and Baan Souy Gay Resorts?

Post by Undaunted »

These oddly placed resorts are never mentioned, has anyone here stayed at either?
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Re: Whats Happening at Sansuk and Baan Souy Gay Resorts?

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:These oddly placed resorts are never mentioned, has anyone here stayed at either?
I've heard very positive reports about both.
whogivesatoss

Post by whogivesatoss »

I only ever stay at Baan Souy and will be there again for a short 4 night trip to the Kingdom in March.

Made many friends there over the years, mostly European. This will be the first time I've not spent December there in a few years. I find the location so handy for Jomtien, restaurants and if I want to visit Boystown and Sunee it's an easy ride in a Baht Bus.
John from Downunder

Coming home to reality after a period in paradise is so hard ;-)
Oldbear

Post by Oldbear »

I have stayed at Sansuk years back before the new hotel building, it's a very convenient location between Jomtien and boys town / sunee plaza. The rooms are very nice and the price is very good. I realized that the prices in reality is lower then the ones you see at TripAdvisor web site for example. The service is excellent as well. Recently I have only eaten at their restaurant that have excellent food for a reasonable price. I personally think it's a better option if you are gay then stay at a regular hotel and more price worth then the hotels in boys town.
Josan

Post by Josan »

Whenever I finish some major assignment I crash at Sansuk for several days. Great food, best rooms and great service. AND the boys come in the late afternoon!
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

:D
Josan wrote:Whenever I finish some major assignment I crash at Sansuk for several days. Great food, best rooms and great service. AND the boys come in the late afternoon!
Not so many boys nowadays regrettably....
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

Undaunted wrote:These oddly placed resorts are never mentioned, has anyone here stayed at either?
There are multiple Reports over the years on the Forums.

For me, too expensive and to far out. "Located conveniently between Sunee/Boyztown and Jomtien" - but to far too each of them for Walking (not that 30 min is too much to walk for me, but when I want to go to a bar, I don't want to walk 30 minutes, and there are plenty of Hotels that are right within or nearby Sunee/Boystown or Jomtien.
ก้นconnoisseur

Post by ก้นconnoisseur »

christianpfc wrote:For me, too expensive and to far out.
Their website lists a basic room without breakfast and Sauna entry at 750 baht. It's a challenge to find a better rate than that in high season, even just for a basic room. And if you do opt for breakfast and Sauna entry it's still 900 baht. Of course, they have superior rooms, suites, etc. that are much pricier but I think their basic rates are pretty good. For me, I like to be far from the maddening crowd and I'm a walker. In any event, a 10 baht bus will come along soon.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

christianpfc wrote:For me, too expensive and to far out. "Located conveniently between Sunee/Boyztown and Jomtien" - but to far too each of them for Walking (not that 30 min is too much to walk for me, but when I want to go to a bar, I don't want to walk 30 minutes, and there are plenty of Hotels that are right within or nearby Sunee/Boystown or Jomtien.
Exactly. The last thing I want to do is travel between bars and my hotel. If It can't walk it, I won't go. I have had my fill of transportation maladies lately. As early as last week in Pattaya, and more recently as of last night after New Year's, when there were very few cabs and the one I did find had claimed upon arrival that I had agreed to a 150 baht fare. The route isn't that far and normally is a 45 baht ride. Clearly, some taxis are capitalizing on the mass exodus of party-goers trying to get home at 1:30 am.

I usually ride motorbikes whenever I can. But there was a very queue for those. Should have stayed in line.

I have never stayed at either, and clearly not about to start now. You can blame my aching legs and/or my intolerance for baht bus and cab extortionists.
thaifarang

Post by thaifarang »

christianpfc wrote:I usually ride motorbikes whenever I can.
I hate the fact they don't provide you with a helmet. If an accident happens it can be fatal. I never feel comfortable when I take the motor bike.