Jomtien Complex is Gay Pattaya (if only by default)

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Jomtien Complex is Gay Pattaya (if only by default)

Post by Undaunted »

Was In the complex for dinner last nite, after eating toured the bars, you quckly are taken by the sheer number of guys working in the bars and that number is mirrored by the amount of customers. It is true that if you want to go to a Go Go you will find none in the complex....With the multitude of dining options and bars that need to do little to attract customers this is Gay Pattaya.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
TrickyRicky

Re: Jomtien Complex is Gay Pattaya (if only by default)

Post by TrickyRicky »

Frankly I wonder how most of the Jomtien bars even manage to pay the monthly rent. When I walk through most of the bars have many boys, but few customers.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

TrickyRicky wrote:Frankly I wonder how most of the Jomtien bars even manage to pay the monthly rent. When I walk through most of the bars have many boys, but few customers.
You obviously didn't walk through last night.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Gee, empty bars are not my experience in Jomtien Comples. In face, on most nights it's tough finding a seat along the walking area.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:You obviously didn't walk through last night.
I was in Jomtien Complex last night too. Loads of boys and plenty of customers. The bar lighting was subdued, as appropriate for the mourning period, and no music was being played. Perhaps the absence of the overly loud music served to attract farang customers. I hope the bars get the idea.

The Venue did put on their show. I didn't go in, but right outside the door I could see the show was packed with customers. I doubt I could have found a seat even if I wanted one.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

If the beach is an indicator there is a definite uptick the last few days which hopefully will translate to all gay venues. Whenever I do walk through BT or Sunee (especially) it makes you want to cry thinking about the old days. The Jomtien complex in my view has always been the exception to the downtrend with new bars opening. Sitting in the Complex, watching the vendors carts and the boys buying reminds me of the old days sitting in BT and watching the BBB dancers feed themselves prior to work.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote:If the beach is an indicator there is a definite uptick the last few days
Please elaborate. Are boys returning to the beaches?
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Gaybutton wrote:
Up2u wrote:If the beach is an indicator there is a definite uptick the last few days
Please elaborate. Are boys returning to the beaches?
There were a number of farang with their boys in hand, recognizable faces on both parts. The free lancers still hang out down by the parking area but no visible increase. Most of the white beds in front of me were taken in my section (I sit in the bleacher seats).
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

Jomtien Complex chock full of boys but most of the area so dark from subdued or missing lights, I could
barely see the boys. Amazingly energized and friendly boys generally ignore one after you sit down.
Too many boys, too dark.
We did enjoy a tasty dinner at Yupins but at about twice the price of other restaurants. It was worth it!
Sunee also very dark btw..
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

catawampuscat wrote:Jomtien Complex chock full of boys but most of the area so dark from subdued or missing lights
You may also have noticed the absence of loud music - in most cases absence of any music. The subdued lighting and absence of music is intentional as a gesture of respect during the 30 day mourning period.

The Venue, in Jomtien Complex, is still putting on their show and drawing a packed house. The doors are being kept closed to prevent loud music from filtering into the soi.