new VFM restaurant on the dark side .. CHARLIES STEAK HOUSE

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
patexpat

new VFM restaurant on the dark side .. CHARLIES STEAK HOUSE

Post by patexpat »

Let me start by saying that this is NOT a fine dining experience, but if like us you can't always be bothered cooking but fancy steak then this place is worth a try ...

After three visits we have tried pork, ham and beef steaks and duck breast ... and haven't had a bad piece of meat yet. A little bit like Sante Fe in its presentation of the food, and indeed it is part of a franchise. The steaks themselves are certainly big enough for most appetites tho you may want to order an extra service of fries if you like your carbs ...

Tonight I had ham steak with fries and veg ... B99. Other dishes range from B79 to about B200 for the best cut of beef. Haven't tried any of the fish dishes yet so can't comment on that part of the menu.

The chocolate cake for dessert is moist and light ....

Worth a try if you are local to it .. situated on Soi Khao Noi. If you are driving up Khao Noi from Sukhumvit you come to a sharp right handed bend at the top of the hill. You will find it on the left just after Tesco Lotus ..
Gaybutton

Re: new VFM restaurant on the dark side .. CHARLIES STEAK HO

Post by Gaybutton »

patexpat wrote:Worth a try if you are local to it
I'm certainly local to it. From my place I can be there in about three minutes. I was not aware of this restaurant. Thank you very much. I'll be giving it a try soon.

VFM is a new term for me. I'm guessing it means "value for money."

So far, my favorite steak house on "The Dark Side" is the Sure Park Steak House. See: http://www.sureparkpattaya.com/