Australia
8%
Elsewhere in Asia
4%

Total votes: 178

christianpfc

Re: Who Are You?

Post by christianpfc »

I'm from Germany, but I currently study in England. Shortly after my coming out (in June 2009) I went to Thailand (in August 2009) for the first time and have been back twice since then (only Bangkok and Pattaya so far). I have some Thai friends (between "just friends" and "friend with benefit").
naughty but nice

Post by naughty but nice »

Firstly good to see GB in this new enterprise.

Me? Born in Bangkok in the mid-sixties where my parents lived and where my father worked for many years for the Thai government. At the age of five I went to school in the UK for a few years and then returned to Thailand in 1975 where I have lived ever since in the house I was born in right in the heart of the original Silom.

I am in the financial services / investment business dealing mainly with the Hi-So sector. I hold Thai citizenship thanks to my parents being granted it before I was born. I travel overseas on business a couple of times a year and my claim to fame is that I persuded GB through the GT board to visit Chinatown, the often forgotten jewel of Bangkok. I still love Bangkok but Pattaya leaves me cold and sad that so many people think it is typical of Thailand.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

It looks good, I hope it catches on and is a big success. Also, nice idea for a thread, nice to get to know some posters. I had been an active Sawatdee poster but recently discouraged and have been giving it a pass.

I have been traveling to Thailand since 1986 and for the past 5 years living in Bangkok full time. I live with my Thai BF. We travel around Thailand and SE Asia very often. I particularly enjoy going to places that are off the beaten path as well as the National Parks. I hope to be posting some travel reports here soon.

I'm happy to meet up with posters be they residents, visitors, newbies or experienced. PM's welcome.
bobsaigon

Post by bobsaigon »

70 yrs old this month and will stop appreciating the delights of Thai guys only when my lights go out. In and out of Thailand since 1972, have a house in Jomtien which I occupy about one third of the time (it's for sale, if interested, send me a PM). Still running an immigration support services agency out of our Ho Chi Minh City branch. Vietnamese business partner takes care of our California offices. If I had it to do all over again, I'd try to figure out some way to retire at 45-50 and settle permanently in Thailand.
yedo111

Post by yedo111 »

Nice to be here for the first time.
I'm in my 40's and work from my laptop while I live in Thailand 8 out of 12 months of the year.

Right now I'm in Bangkok and will stay here for a while. If you want to know more about me please pm , thanks.
hayase

Post by hayase »

I'm Japanese visiting Thailand a few times a year. Why Thailand? It's the only place I can be myself. As very much Buddhism influenced country, Japan is considered to be tolerant to gay sexuality but as far as I perceive more than 90% of Japanese gays are closet as I am.

Sorry Gaybutton, very late for the party. Best wishes for your new challenge.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

hayase wrote:Sorry Gaybutton, very late for the party.
Better late than never. Welcome to the party.
kenc

Post by kenc »

Another Sawatdee Refugee.
I live and work in San Francisco and am only able to visit thailand 2 X a year. Have a ladyboyfriend for 5+ years now (and no, she's not working...I sent her home to Mama a long time ago to stay out of trouble).

I'll only be posting from time to time. I have so much else to do right now.

Best Luck to GB on his new endevour, though why he decided to take it on again is anyone's guess. :shock:
Grimmy

Post by Grimmy »

kenc wrote:Best Luck to GB on his new endevour, though why he decided to take it on again is anyone's guess. :shock:
It certainly seems like a thankless endeavor. But, I am sure Gaybutton has his reasons. Certainly, anyone who tries to start a board like this must have some kind of motivation, I must say I also would be interested in hearing his reasons. Plus, he has yet to post his own "who are you" post on this thread...?

:mrgreen: Grimmy
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Grimmy wrote:Plus, he has yet to post his own "who are you" post on this thread...?
My goodness, if people haven't figured out who I am by now . . .

Yes, running a message board usually does end up being a thankless endeavor. I don't worry about that part. If I was thin skinned about that I would have been gone from the boards a long time ago. The reason I still do it is really very simple: I love doing this, even with all the shit I take I still love it. It's not particularly expensive to do this, less than US $90 per year, and I've been at it so long now it's become an important part of my life that I don't want to give up. Everyone has his own thing. Running a message board is my thing. I really do enjoy this and if what I am doing benefits others, then to me it's worth the effort.