Best Breakfasts

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

Re: Best Breakfasts

Post by Gaybutton »

same same wrote:
let me tell u wrote:Shenanigans Jomtien breakfast and all day menu wonderful also take away with free delivery as well.
Thanks for the link LMTU. I have only visited Shenanigans once, and on that occasion I just had a Guinness. Shenanigans is definitely on the list of places to eat on my next trip.

Cheers
There is a second Shenanigans at The Avenue (Villa Market) on Second Road. Nightly specials are on offer as well as an excellent Sunday carvery. My personal preference is the Jomtien location, but many of you might prefer the Second Road location. A night market bazaar opens every night just outside and the location is directly across the street from Soi Yamato (Soi 13/1) where there are several lady-boy bars.

If you're staying around the Boyztown-Sunee Plaza area, that location is probably the easiest of the two to get to and from.

If you're into lady-boy go-go bars where the lady-boys dance in the briefest bikinis you can imagine, you might want to give Stringfellows, on Soi Yamato, a try - http://www.stringfellows-ladyboys.com .

photo from www.stringfellows-ladyboys.com
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the breakfast menu at Rich Man Poor Man. I recommend the Eggs Benedict - as far as I know it is the only place in town that serves them with real hollandaise sauce (although they use toast and not biscuits as a bottom).
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote: they use toast and not biscuits as a bottom.
Hmmmm, that's a little different from what everyone else around here uses as a bottom . . .
TheCornerBar

Post by TheCornerBar »

They should use an English Muffin for the bottom, but I have not seen them here.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

TheCornerBar wrote:I have not seen them here.
Actually, Villa Market carries them frozen, but I'd rather make the sacrifice. They're quite expensive and would cause Eggs Benedict to end up priced far too high to be marketable. Of course, if someone absolutely must have English muffins, I suppose he could buy a package at Villa Market, bring his own, and ask the restaurant to use those rather than the bread or whatever they're using.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

English muffins are not hard to make for a restaurant to serve proper eggs Benedict. Purple Space Monkey serves Eggs Benedict, but they put tarragon in their hollandaise which I don't care for.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:English muffins are not hard to make
Then the next question would be - do you have a recipe for English muffins? As long as we're at it, do you have a recipe for Eggs Benedict?
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

Gaybutton wrote:
lvdkeyes wrote:English muffins are not hard to make
Then the next question would be - do you have a recipe for English muffins? As long as we're at it, do you have a recipe for Eggs Benedict?
I was going to ask that too. I am also waiting for the pizza recipe. In the meantime, I have posted a recipe for Beef & Broccoli, which is one of my favorites.
let me tell u

Post by let me tell u »

The one I use is very good indeed?

Bring a deep saucepan of water to the boil (at least 2 litres) and add the vinegar. Break the eggs into 4 separate coffee cups or ramekins. Split the muffins, toast them and warm some plates.
Swirl the vinegared water briskly to form a vortex and slide in an egg. It will curl round and set to a neat round shape. Cook for 2-3 mins, then remove with a slotted spoon.
Repeat with the other eggs, one at a time, re-swirling the water as you slide in the eggs. Spread some sauce on each muffin, scrunch a slice of ham on top, then top with an egg. Spoon over the remaining hollandaise and serve at once.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2450 ... s-benedict
Gaybutton

Re: I DON'T BELIEVE IT !

Post by Gaybutton »

Speaking of the Lek Hotel, has anyone been to their breakfast buffet lately? Years ago, I used to go regularly. Back then it was an excellent deal and quite good. Then the quality went way downhill and I stopped going at all. I haven't been there in years. How's the quality these days? Anybody know?