Best value in Pattaya, Hilton buffet

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
TheCornerBar

Best value in Pattaya, Hilton buffet

Post by TheCornerBar »

Went to the new Hilton, above Central Festival Mall, yesterday. We ate the seafood buffet overlooking the ocean. It was fantastic! Jumbo prawns, scallops, squid, two kinds of sea bass, peeled and de-veined shrimp cocktail, fried rice, seafood pizza, salad bar, and HUGE dessert bar. The price was only 300b including VAT, 10% service charge, and drinking water! The view is spectacular, the service fantastic, the food is great, and the price is give away cheap! They change the theme every day. The only other two days I remember are: Saturday dessert buffet, and Tuesday Italian day. They are not making money on the food. Be careful of ordering anything else. They get you on extras. Wine is 300-500b per glass. Bottled water is 120b. A Coke is 140b. If you stick to the buffet and the water they supply, I believe it is the best value in food, in Pattaya. I will be returning often.
Gaybutton

Re: Best value in Pattaya, Hilton buffet

Post by Gaybutton »

That sounds like an unbeatable deal. I'll certainly give it a try soon.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

A great find. Thank you for passing it on. I will definitely be trying this when I come next time.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

We certainly will give it a try.
TheCornerBar

Post by TheCornerBar »

All in our party were shocked that the 300b price has remained since they opened a month ago. Hope they continue!
Jomtienbob

Post by Jomtienbob »

I liked the review, so I gave the Hilton a call, and apparently the restaurant is called "The Edge". When I spoke to them they said the lunch buffet served between noon and 2:30 pm was 300 baht, with the dinners at 700 baht (Friday is 800 baht).

Still sounds like a good deal to me.

I know I will give it a try. I do hope it is as good as the dinners at the Dusit Thani.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

Jomtienbob wrote:I liked the review, so I gave the Hilton a call, and apparently the restaurant is called "The Edge". When I spoke to them they said the lunch buffet served between noon and 2:30 pm was 300 baht, with the dinners at 700 baht (Friday is 800 baht).

Still sounds like a good deal to me.

I know I will give it a try. I do hope it is as good as the dinners at the Dusit Thani.
Well, I still want to try it too. I will just have to be there at the right time for lunch. 7-800 baht is a big jump from 300 baht. So this is making better sense. Businesses in Thailand just do not give money away. Seemed too unbelievable to be true for all day 'round. Can't go wrong for the price still, even if it is at a certain time of the day. Thanks also, JomtienBob.

(Joking: Can I ask for a doggy bag and save the leftovers for dinner at home? :P )
TheCornerBar

Post by TheCornerBar »

Sorry, did not see that I did not mention LUNCH buffet. For dinner, they also offer bottomless wine for 600b. With glasses of wine going for 300-500b per glass, 600b is a good deal. If you just drink the water they supply, the cost for dinner is 700-800b depending on the day. When we were leaving Friday afternoon, they were prepping the sushi bar with live octopus and live snapper! I am sure dinner will be WAY over the top. Will let you know after we try it!
TheCornerBar

Post by TheCornerBar »

Was supposed to go with UNDAUNTED to the Edge restaurant in the new Hilton today, but the wicked witch of the west melts when exposed to water, so she could not go. Tuesday is Italian day. They had the following on the buffet, 12-2 pm, pizza: margarita, Hawaii, pepperoni, and four cheese, fresh potato gnocchi with herbs, mushrooms, and white wine cream sauce, lamb shank rigatoni, smoked salmon penne pasta, spicy seafood spaghetti with shrimp and squid, ravioli stuffed with crab meat in a lobster cream sauce, fettuccini Bolognese, salad and dessert bar. All for 300b including water, VAT, and service charge.

Monday = sushi
Tuesday = Italian
Wednesday = soup and salad bar
Thursday = Asian noodles
Friday = seafood
Saturday = dessert and ala Carte menu
Sunday = Sunday Brunch and carvery 1200b, not 300b!!!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

TheCornerBar wrote:the wicked witch of the west melts when exposed to water, so she could not go.
It looks like Tuesdays and Fridays would be the days I would go. You should have contacted me, since it's raining. I know somebody who has a car and just might have gone and also provided transportation . . . if asked nicely.