Arab Motorcycle Scum Return

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Arab Motorcycle Scum Return

Post by Gaybutton »

It's not just the Kuwaitis. Thailand has its own share too. I'll ask the same question I always ask in this sort of situation - Where are the parents? The article says there are about 100 boys out there, every one of them too young to have a driving license, and they are out there nightly. It has been going on for weeks. Not only that, but many of their motorbikes are illegally modified.

So, again, where are the parents? Why do these kids have access to these motorbikes in the first place? Stories like this tell me that for whatever reasons, they either cannot or do not control their children. While there is no doubt the parents are going to come up with excuses - I work nights and don't know what the kids are doing. I sleep at night and didn't know they are sneaking out. I'm too old to be able to deal with it. I thought my child was merely spending the night at a friend's house. I had no idea my child was out there doing these things.

"Tell that to the marines."
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Street Racers Block Road and Annoy Pattaya Residents at Night

By Tanakorn Panyadee

September 30, 2023

Pattaya — A large gang of street racers, reported to be only 14-20 years old, held an illegal racing competition in the Nong Pla Lai sub-district near Pattaya and caused extreme annoyance to residents.

According to witnesses, the gang gathered in the middle of the night on Saturday, September 30th, to race their motorbikes suspected to be illegally modified for racing.

The group congregated on Highway 36, situated in Nong Pla Lai sub-district, Banglamung district, Chonburi province. They blocked the road, revved up their engines, and caused unbearable disturbance and inconvenience to the local residents and commuters, as reported by witnesses. The racing had been ongoing for several weeks, said some witnesses.

There were over one hundred people participating in the racing, witnesses said, with some performing dangerous stunts like wheelies, while others were cheering loudly on both sides of the road. None of them wore motorcycle helmets and respected the safety of other road users, according to witnesses.

It was discovered that some residents had enough and alerted the police to come and arrest the group, but these bikers often quickly dispersed and escaped into nearby alleyways. After the authorities passed by, they would return and continue racing without caring about others.

Residents in the vicinity of the road are urging the authorities to rigorously enforce the law on these teenage racers and potentially their parents as well.

Story and photos: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/09/30/s ... -at-night/
Jun

Post by Jun »

Pattaya News wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:00 amIt was discovered that some residents had enough and alerted the police to come and arrest the group, but these bikers often quickly dispersed and escaped into nearby alleyways. After the authorities passed by, they would return and continue racing without caring about others.
The police and everyone with half a brain knows that's exactly what will happen.

If the police had any motivation, they would at least attempt to do the job properly.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:01 pm they would at least attempt to do the job properly.
Don't hold your breath.

At least now they're doing something. Whether it will be effective depends on how long it lasts and whether the delinquents merely find somewhere else to do their racing. Of course it doesn't take much to guess exactly what is likely to happen once the police stop going out there.

I would think the police would know what time these kids get started. I would also think all they need to do is get out there before the kids start arriving, hide, and then start catching the kids as they arrive and have more police waiting where kids are likely to go when they're attempting to escape. And confiscate their phones so they can't call their friends and warn them. I think the police should confiscate the motorbikes and it should cost a great deal to get them back. If the motorbikes have been illegally modified, then they don't get them back.

I'm no police officer so maybe my ideas are flawed, but I don't see why there is any difficulty at all for trained police officers trying to catch these kids and I don't understand why this has been allowed to go on for weeks before anybody lifted a finger to do anything about it.

Here's the latest:

Pattaya Police Conduct Late-Night Surveillance to Deter Street Racing

By Kittisak Phalaharn

October 1, 2023

At 0:30 AM, on October 1st, 2023, Pol. Maj. Chakkrit Chantakham and a Banglamung police investigative squad were stationed on the highway, Pattaya–Rayong bypass road, and on Krating Lai Beach.

The surveillance purpose was to deter street racers on the highway from annoying locals late at night. Furthermore, many youngsters gathering for a drink at the Krating Lai beach area would reportedly cause trouble for other visitors with loud noises and quarrels.

As a result, the police officers detected nothing unusual and no street racers. The police squad also randomly inspected visitors at the Krating Lai beach area for illegal activities but nothing was found.

Despite this, local police have pledged to continue to crack down on street racing across Pattaya after many residents recently reported this as a major problem, as you can see here.

Pattaya Police have also banned minors without their parents or legal guardians from being at beaches overnight, as we reported here, and continue to enforce this rule regularly, especially on weekends.

Story and photos: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/10/01/p ... et-racing/
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:50 pm I'm no police officer so maybe my ideas are flawed, but I don't see why there is any difficulty at all for trained police officers trying to catch these kids and I don't understand why this has been allowed to go on for weeks before anybody lifted a finger to do anything about it.
I'm fairly sure a sufficient number of trained police could apprehend and fine these people, if they had the slightest interest in doing the job properly.

As for not understanding it, well it all depends on what you think the prime objective of the Pattaya police force is.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

The bulk of the young Kuwaiti bikers are gone as their summer vacation from school has ended so peace has returned till next year.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:53 am The bulk of the young Kuwaiti bikers are gone
The trouble is since the police did so little to stop them, they have no reason to be apprehensive about returning. Since doing anything proactive to prevent the same problem from happening again is rare, I have a feeling we can all look forward to the same when they do return - that or even worse.

I hope holding the rental outfits responsible for making sure they have the proper licenses will be rigidly enforced and that police making sure the Kuwaitis all have the proper licenses will also be rigidly enforced. I, for one, won't be holding my breath.