Boys

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Boys

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 7:41 pm I bet most of the parents know precisely what goes on in Pattaya.
Maybe, but they don't seem to care as long as money comes their way. I doubt the parents think about it the same way we do. The child is supposed to earn money for the family. As long as he's doing it and money is coming in, that's fine and no questions asked.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 8:18 pmI doubt the parents think about it the same way we do. The child is supposed to earn money for the family. As long as he's doing it and money is coming in, that's fine and no questions asked.
I'm not that keen on the idea that the children are supposed to support the parents, particularly when by simple calculation, the parents should be of working age in most cases. In a country with full employment. However, I don't comment on this to any of the boys.

Of course, not all have a pair of parents at home. One may of died, be in the monkey house or be absent for other reasons. So I'm slightly more sympathetic to the idea of them sending money home.
bkkguy

Post by bkkguy »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 8:18 pm Maybe, but they don't seem to care as long as money comes their way. I doubt the parents think about it the same way we do. The child is supposed to earn money for the family. As long as he's doing it and money is coming in, that's fine and no questions asked.
historically this was seen by outsiders as about saving face - provided everyone in the village can keep a straight face when discussing the beloved son or daughter working as a "waiter" at a "restaurant" in the big smoke then face is saved all round, even when a "restaurant customer" builds a house for the family - perhaps this is going out of fashion now?
I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!
Jun

Post by Jun »

Again, I didn't meet any lads from Myanmar.

There are no shortage of willing lads in Yangon, but I just don't seem to run into any of them in Pattaya.
There are clearly quite a few people from Myanmar in Thailand, as can be seen by the overnight queues for passport renewal at the Myanmar Embassy.
billyhouston

Post by billyhouston »

There are too few appointments available (required) at the Myanmar Embassy in Bangkok, so some are having to travel to Chiang Mai and get their papers there. When I last heard, the Embassy in Bangkok was charging Bht 8000 for a passport renewal. The true cost is less than Bht 1000. As the Embassy in Bangkok increased their price, so did the consulate in Chiang Mai. Latest I have is that it was Bht 6000 there. These officials have no shame and a posting to Thailand is a licence to print money.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Just reading a report elsewhere of someone offing a boy and the boy received a phone call saying a friend was in hospital, so the boy rushed off before anything happened. The boy requesting and getting his 1000 baht fee !!!

Reminds me of encounters during my most recent holiday, although mine was far better.

1 I met a boy via a phone app. He was excellent, did everything agreed and was the longest duration short time I have had for a while. I think he had only asked for 1000, but I tipped him more.

2 A within a couple of days he was asking for another meeting and I booked him in a few days after that. This time he quickly got the phone call saying his friend was in hospital. He rushed off, without asking for or getting any tip. He was out of the door so fast that I didn't get much time to think about it either. Shortly after, I got the picture of his friend in hospital. I have no reason to doubt it was genuine, although of course it could be taken any time, or downloaded off the internet.
I passed on my best wishes, as you do.

I'm mildly surprised at the frequency of such incidents. Every few years, I get one who has to rush off for some scrape or other. The previous one was where a friend was allegedly arrested for drug offences.

Fortunately, the vast majority of encounters are successful.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I stopped in Hua Hin for a few days in early 2023, on a sightseeing trip down as far as Prachuap.

I quite like Hua Hin as a town, but the selection of cute twink lads is limited. So it's not a place I would visit for any length of time.

I met one lad on the phone apps. He was OK, but nothing memorable & I didn't arrange a second meeting.
He still contacts me every few weeks on Line, asking when am I coming back to Hua Hin again. I wonder when he will give up. I'm unlikely to visit Hua Hin for a few years, as there are plenty of other places in SE Asia to visit.

Meanwhile, I had a glance at my saved favourites on Grindr.
Lad 1 is 8950 km away*.
Lads 2,3&4 are 9600 km away. They are in Pattaya, as usual.

I'm not quite sure where is 8950km away from my location (UK). Most of the places ~650km nearer than Pattaya would be in the Indian ocean, or perhaps Myanmar. There's no reason for a Cambodian lad to go there. So where is he ? Perhaps it's Chiang Mai ?
He says he's in Pattaya.
Grindr have blocked fake GPS, so I doubt he's using that.
This little mystery isn't one of the more important things in life, but I'm still curious.

{*Distances rounded off}
maump

Post by maump »

Very interesting.... any Myanmar/burmese men in your cache? I see them in the massage shops in BKK, but only had one in Pattaya. big cock, good top, great kisser. I think straight, but sucked/kissed without issue.
Jun

Post by Jun »

maump wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:30 am Very interesting.... any Myanmar/burmese men in your cache?
No. Most of the lads I meet are from Laos or Cambodia.
The last time I met a lad from Myanmar was in Yangon, in January 2020. There are plenty of nice available lads there, as long as you move to within range of their phone app.
I'm surprised that so few are available in Thailand.
Jun

Post by Jun »

The Cambodian lad reallly does have his Grindr location in Myanmar at present.