The Future of Entertainment in Bars

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dodger

Re: The Future of Entertainment in Bars

Post by Dodger »

RichLB wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:46 am My own preference focuses on my ability to believe the guy is actually able to enjoy his time with me.
Your one sentence defines my modus operandi over the past 20 years perfectly.

This is also the only recipe for great sex IMHO. Others would disagree I'm sure.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Dodger wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:11 amI guess the only way to find out would be to try it yourself.
I expect many of us have worn swimwear on the beach. I'm no different.
This is quite a stretch of the imagination, but if I were young, attractive and sufficiently impoverished to consider working in a gogo bar, prancing around on stage in underwear would be the easy part. Getting close to the clients would be the difficult part.
Dodger wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:11 am I personally try to avoid getting too hung-up on "Expectations"...for the mere fact that my "Expectations" are nothing more than a reflection of "What I Want" - and my focus is much better aligned with being grateful for "What I'm Getting".
If I visit a gogo bar, my "Expectations" are led by the higher pricing for drinks. About 350 baht in Bangkok. Excluding Winner, 200 or more in Pattaya.
Charging more is absolutely fine, but they need to offer more in return.
For me, seeing clothed boys on stage is a very similar offer to Jomtien, so if the gogo bars have a similar offer with a much higher price, the Jomtien bars are deserving my business. I shall adapt & still enjoy my holidays.
Actually, for my tastes, the Jomtien bars also have nicer boys than in 5 of the 7 Pattaya gogo bars.

Not everyone has such expectations of the gogo bars, but I imagine enough do to lead to more closures.
When were you last in the gogo bars Dodger ?
For that matter, is anyone here a regular customer of gogo bars with boys in jeans ?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:39 pm Charging more is absolutely fine, but they need to offer more in return.
I definitely agree with that. Unfortunately, some bars are charging more, but offering less.

I don't understand why in some bars the go-go boys in jeans are in jeans. Why? Is it bar policy? If it is, same question - Why? Is it because of police orders? If yes, again - Why? I know of no laws or ordinances being broken by boys in underwear in go go bars. Is it because of personal choice of the boys? If it is, guess my next question . . .
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Jun wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:39 pm Charging more is absolutely fine, but they need to offer more in return.
No argument here.

Winner Boys (Sunee) really has a grip on this, e.g., reasonable drink prices (lower than their competition)...lively stage...and plenty of cute boys. Between Covid - the dating apps - decaying location...and lack of customers in general, it's a miracle they can even survive.

Kudo's to the owner and staff of Winner.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Dodger wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:45 pm
Jun wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:39 pm
Charging more is absolutely fine, but they need to offer more in return.
No argument here.

Winner Boys (Sunee) really has a grip on this, e.g., reasonable drink prices (lower than their competition)...lively stage...and plenty of cute boys. Between Covid - the dating apps - decaying location...and lack of customers in general, it's a miracle they can even survive.

Kudo's to the owner and staff of Winner.
Dodger just for clarity sake when was the last time you were in Winner?
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Yeah, Winner could use some new blood for sure. I’d be thrilled if some of the previous twinks came back. Can only hope! But give Paul kudos for surviving. I’ll definitely be giving Winner bar my business.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Rocket wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:36 pm Yeah, Winner could use some new blood for sure. I’d be thrilled if some of the previous twinks came back. Can only hope! But give Paul kudos for surviving. I’ll definitely be giving Winner bar my business.
This is possibly the best cute twink gogo bar in Thailand at present ? The only other candidates would be Toy Boys and Fresh Boys.
What do recent visitors think ?

Fresh Boys was rather good at the end of 2020, with lots of cute lads in thin white underwear. However, recent visitor reports are far less promising.
bi-top

Post by bi-top »

RichLB wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:46 am I can understand the appeal, but that body type too often comes with giggly, effeminate, behavior.
And??? Where is the problem??

hahahahahahah
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:46 am My own preference focuses on my ability to believe the guy is actually able to enjoy his time with me. And, yes, I'm aware with every passing year that this requires more and more imagination on my part
Why? Don't be so certain the boy is only pretending and isn't really enjoying his time with you. I think you're selling yourself short. I think how much or how little he is enjoying time with you or anyone depends on how he is being treated more than anything else. The ones that treat him merely as a sex object and couldn't care less about anything else - it's people like that who the boy would have to pretend with. I don't believe the customer who treats boys like that are truly enjoying their own time with the boy. It's just make me cum and bye bye.

If he is being well treated and the customer he is with shows a genuine interest in him, then why wouldn't he enjoy his time with someone like that?

On the other hand, the people that make it obvious it's only business, worry about how much they have to pay, and the only concern they show about him is his dick size and don't give a damn about anything else, that's when the boy has to pretend.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Undaunted wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:55 pm Dodger just for clarity sake when was the last time you were in Winner?
It's been a long time now, but Winner is still my favorite gogo for the reasons I mentioned earlier.

Hopefully it will be the same when I visit again in October. Two good friends are returning to LOS after a 3 year hiatus thanks to Covid and I'll enjoy doing some bar hopping again just to keep the wheels greased.