Bar Reports

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Bar Reports

Post by Gaybutton »

Zoomer Bar? I'm not familiar with that one. Where is it?
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Jun, I also think Winnerboys should abolish the seating outside and focus on being an agogo bar. I am in the bar at this very moment. 10 handsome boys but only 4 inside since others sit with customers outside or running around. Why go to an agogo bar to sit outside? Winnerboys should focus on keeping the boys inside and on stage. It's not like there is a shortage of boy beerbars in Pattaya. But there is definitely a shortage of good reasonably priced boy agogo bars. That is where Winnerboys should find its niche.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:58 pm Zoomer Bar? I'm not familiar with that one. Where is it?
The new boy beerbar in Jomtien, in the small soi behind Bamboo bar.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:58 pmZoomer Bar? I'm not familiar with that one. Where is it?
I posted thinking surely it's easy to find on Google maps, but no, it is not on there.
For a gay bar off the beaten path, they are missing a trick.
Just up from DD, which some know, even if that hasn't been gay for years.
SP55 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:25 pm Winnerboys should focus on keeping the boys inside and on stage.
Agreed. If they had ten boys inside the bar, that gives customers who look inside a good reason to stay. Then they should get more customers in total.

Also, a good twink gogo bar would be unique and a reason to travel to Sunee.
Sitting outside on plastic chairs isn't unique and isn't worth going far for
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Jun wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:53 pm
Gaybutton wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:58 pmZoomer Bar? I'm not familiar with that one. Where is it?
I posted thinking surely it's easy to find on Google maps, but no, it is not on there.
For a gay bar off the beaten path, they are missing a trick.
Just up from DD, which some know, even if that hasn't been gay for years.
SP55 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:25 pm Winnerboys should focus on keeping the boys inside and on stage.
Agreed. If they had ten boys inside the bar, that gives customers who look inside a good reason to stay. Then they should get more customers in total.

Also, a good twink gogo bar would be unique and a reason to travel to Sunee.
Sitting outside on plastic chairs isn't unique and isn't worth going far for
Passed by Zoomer no reason at all to go in. Jun as you prefer twinks I suggest you focus on the massage places that surround Tukcom in particular just across the rear entrance by the a Apple Store, if massage is not your thing all the “boys” are offable.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Jun

Post by Jun »

Undaunted wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:15 pm Passed by Zoomer no reason at all to go in.
Good call.
Undaunted wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:15 pm Jun as you prefer twinks I suggest you focus on the massage places that surround Tukcom in particular just across the rear entrance by the a Apple Store, if massage is not your thing all the “boys” are offable.
#1 I have no problem at all finding twinks in Pattaya. I could quite happily keep rotating through the ones on my Line contacts list from previous trips.

#2 I go to bars just to socialize, although if a boy is going to sit with me, I'd rather he was someone I could consider offing, or as is quite often the case, I know already.
Perhaps I'm being illogical, retaining such preferences from the days when all my hook ups were from bars.

#3. I'm not a fan of Relax @ Me massage behind Tuk Com. I get far better service down the road at Somjit, usually from the same guy. My Somjit masseur doesn't have the perfect figure, but he can massage. There's also a new masseur at Somjit that looks very interesting, but I haven't made a move yet.
Whilst some of the Relax @ Me staff are undoubtedly cute, for my business, they are up against the lads I already know.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Boydrink price in Niceboys raised to staggering 250 baht. Yet another step away from what Sunee used to be known for - cheap prices for fun naughty entertainment. It is actually more cheap to drink in Dreamboys in soi 13/3 now than in Niceboys in Sunee plaza.

Had a quick peek in BoyzBoyzBoyz for the first time since the lockdowns. Haven't actually sat down for a drink there in years. It used to be one of my favourite bars in 2013-2014. I hadn't missed anything. Boys with more clothes on than the average thaiboy in the street. But the bar was full with mainly asian customers, so they obviously do what is right for their targeted customer group. Drinks were sold at 350 baht each according to the signs. Guessing boydrink is 450-500?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

SP55 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:25 am Boydrink price in Niceboys raised to staggering 250 baht.
That doesn't surprise me in the least. That is typical of what goes on all too often in the Pattaya bar scene - not making enough money, then raise the prices. And if they're still not making enough money, you can fully expect the prices to be raised yet again.

I also would appreciate someone explaining to me why "drink for boy" should cost more than the same drink you might be having. That is something new. I don't remember the bars doing that several years ago, but some are doing it now.

That's their choice, but they've priced me right out of the market. No way would I ever pay those kinds of prices. I've got better things to do with my money and I can find all the boys I want on the apps.

If some of you are willing to give in to those prices, fine with me. Go right ahead. As for me, if I go to the bars at all, I won't even set foot in bars charging those kinds of prices.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I presume the boy drink is intended to include some compensation for the boy.

The boy drinks are often 150 baht in Jomtien, whilst the customer drinks are 80-100. The boy drink in Winner was approximately 150 as well.

Meanwhile in Fresh Male host bar, both customer and boy drinks are 130. (I don't visit their gogo)

Then arises the question of what we're supposed to tip them. 100 baht was traditionally quoted, but times move on.
The only time I tip that is if a gogo boy sits with me and I quickly decide it isn't working, so give him 100 to get rid of him. That hasn't been for 3-4 years, due to covid and few good gogo bars open.
I've tipped lads in the 2-300 baht range for a couple of drinks, but I suspect it isn't necessary to go above 200 in a host bar.
Gogo tips ought to be a little more dependent on what happens when sitting with the lad, but I keep the really risqué stuff for the bedroom.

Current advice is welcomed.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Jun wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:19 am I presume the boy drink is intended to include some compensation for the boy.

The boy drinks are often 150 baht in Jomtien, whilst the customer drinks are 80-100.
I’ve often wondered why we are expected to tip the same amount as before on top of the extra price for the boy drink.
Surely this additional money is for him and it seems to be getting more and more all the time.