Tiffany or Alcazar???

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dodger

Tiffany or Alcazar???

Post by Dodger »

My daughter and son-in-law will be visiting me next week for their very first trip to Thailand.

I want to take them to see a show at either Tiffany or Alcazar but can't decide which one is better. It's been years since I've been to either of these venues.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
Gaybutton

Re: Tiffany or Alcazar???

Post by Gaybutton »

I've been to both, although it's been years. As far as I'm concerned, both are just about the same thing. In my opinion, you might as well pick whichever one is least expensive or just flip a coin.

If it helps anything, to the best of my recollection, Tiffany was VERY loud, to the point I almost left because of how loud it was. I was with a friend who is hard of hearing and even he complained about how loud it was. I couldn't enjoy the show because of the volume.

I remember Alcazar's volume was normal.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Now there is also the Colosseum show In Pattaya: http://www.colosseumshowpattaya.com/

Unless their heart is set on seeing a flamboyant ladyboy show there is also the Kaan show....more on the lines of Cirque de Soleil: http://www.kaanshow.com/en/
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
stkyricesf

Post by stkyricesf »

I strongly urge you see Kaan show. Really spectacular. Between Alcazar and Tiffany like most stated, it's a toss up.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Undaunted wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:31 am Now there is also the Colosseum show In Pattaya: http://www.colosseumshowpattaya.com/

Unless their heart is set on seeing a flamboyant ladyboy show there is also the Kaan show....more on the lines of Cirque de Soleil: http://www.kaanshow.com/en/
Thanks, but I checked out "Kaan" before. If the show was at least 90 minutes long I would consider it, but 60 minutes just seems a bit short.

Being first time visitors, seeing one of Thailand's unique and world-renowned ladyboy shows is a must.

I'll check out Colosseum...Thanks.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Dodger, regardless of where you choose to take them I am sure they will be in for a host of surprises.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Of course, there is the option to take them to all of the shows. By the way, anyone remember the Alankarn show, on Sukhumvit a few km south of Pattaya? That one didn't make it. It closed a couple years ago.
gera

Post by gera »

Among the three mentioned Alkazar was the best as of several years ago. Have not been visiting any of them for a while.
Montree

Post by Montree »

Twice a year I accompany my Thai boyfriend to the Tiffany show. He absolutely refuses to go to Alcazar because, he says, “makeup no good”. As a trained hairdresser and someone who does women’s makeup for weddings I suppose he should know but I’ve never noticed anything wrong although it is many years now since I’ve seen the Alcazar show.

Personally I’m not keen on the Tiffany Show these days as the “Boys” are so overdressed that any hint of the boy and of any sexiness is lost. It’s all a bit over the top. A few more bare chests in the non Ladyboy dancers would entertain me a lot more.

Years ago there was another Ladyboy Show called “Simon Cabaret” in the walking street. The bar is still there but it hasn’t had a show for a long time. It didn’t take itself so seriously and I actually preferred it.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Undaunted wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:05 pm Dodger, regardless of where you choose to take them I am sure they will be in for a host of surprises.
I think I'll avoid taking her to Sunee, Boyztown and Jomtien Complex for that very reason. Meeting my boyfriend, who is 10 years younger than she is, will be surprising enough... :lol: