Maxxy

Re: Some Bangkok changes

Post by Maxxy »

Thanks Trong, I know the news will make some guys quite happy
Maxxy

Post by Maxxy »

Gaybutton wrote:
Trongpai wrote:I think that's one of the purposes of these boards, to share information.
It's certainly the primary purpose of this one.
Thanks GB and Tron, over the years on internet forums I have seen many get their noses bent out of shape with others sharing so I do like to ask first. All good and thanks again
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Maxxy wrote:on internet forums I have seen many get their noses bent out of shape with others sharing
On this board the only nose you need pay any attention to is the one stuck on my face. And it doesn't get bent out of shape when people want to share information unless they violate the board rules. Sharing information is just what I want for this board and I think most people reading this board are looking for the same. You don't need to ask first on this board ever again. If you, or anyone else, has reliable information, please share it.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

ilz wrote:A rather sad change in the Bangkok scene is the closure of Be High
Number of boys were low every time I went (not that often), and even fewer customers. I wondered how they make money, the closure does not surprise me, even though it is not for economical reasons.
readerc54

Post by readerc54 »

Super Rich will be opening a currency exchange booth on Silom near the KFC shop. Super Rich has the reputation for providing the best rates. I spotted workmen fabricating the booth today.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Where is the KFC on Silom please....with reference to Soi 4.
And if it is not open for my visit next week, where is the nearest Super Rich to the Tarntawan?
readerc54

Post by readerc54 »

From Soi 4, cross to opposite side of and walk in direction of river. When you come to the point where sky train makes 90. Degree turn, cross that large intersection. One of first buildings on Silom rd. will have bright orange stripes. Super Rich has a large, walk-in store that looks like a bank. Walk time about 15 min. Don't forget your passport. Best rates on new $100 notes.

The booth under construction on Silom can be found (from Soi 4) by walking toward Rama 4 for about 3 min. When you see KFC you are within 50 feet.
pong

Post by pong »

@ Charmming: is still open-from 21.00 (seen from a bus passing by last week). In the daytime not sign at all. AFAIK this is the only remaining SapanKwai bar out of that side soi with the well-known KaRaOK bars. Remarkably main street Sapan kwai has now at least a dozen money exchange offices.
Listed/advertising on gthai.net is a Thai style disco/dancing named TRINITY-in a soi off Ratchadapisek.
Also a coffee shop/restrt along RamKamHaeng- forgot the name already, apparently though in soi 24 in a house that used to have a gay place long time.
These are more for dear christian to explore). The former quite famous RKH places also all seem to be dying.
readerc54

Post by readerc54 »

Tried the relatively new massage place at end of Tarntawan Place driveway on Suriwong (formerly a coffee shop). Opted for hour oil for bht 500. They remove your shoes at first floor and give you plus size slippers before leading you up steep, winding stairs to fourth floor. If you decide to go here take my advice and go barefoot. It can be hazardous negotiating these stairs in slippers.

Room extremely small and that's a generous description. Thin, oil-stained mattress on floor and equally uninviting pillow. Massage was serviceable. My guy didn't shower before or after (take from that what you will). Shower room did not inspire confidence in overall hygiene.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Update on my update on 'The New Hero'. The new opening date (soft opening) is now Dec 4, 2016. I was told it will be all staff from 'Prince Massage'.

I'm getting the impression now that it will not be much like the old Hero. Hero had a unique product that appealed to locals and visiting Asians. You could walk in, have a drink and sit there all day with no one asking you what you want. Then when you did pick someone you got the straight dope on what he does and does not. Every place else is more of a crap shoot.

I was surprised driving down Sukhumvit 11 a few nights ago. All the street food vendors are gone. They used to line the street and have been there since the 60's, so I am told. Also, most of the vendors and all street food on upper Sukhumvit are gone. It does improve the traffic flow. There's lots of police and army present to enforce the vendor ban. They ignore the street trade ladies and ladyboys.

For reasons I don't understand all the street food and vendors are still on Sukhumvit 4 (Nana). Different sub districts?

Just what Bangkok needs more upmarket malls. This one looks like it will be open soon:
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 45507.html
From the link, very interesting: "As part of our emphasis on presenting the richness of Asia, SHOW DC has an expansive 10,000 square metre Asian Food Street dedicated exclusively to restaurants. "