baht bus rates in Pattaya - what's happening?

Anything and everything about Thailand
Oldbear

Re: baht bus rates in Pattaya - what's happening?

Post by Oldbear »

Aren't you considered a tourist regardless of visa type including the 55+ visa unless it's a work related visa?
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Oldbear wrote:Aren't you considered a tourist regardless of visa type including the 55+ visa unless it's a work related visa?
No, a tourist visa is just, a visa for the purpose of tourism. You can extend your original visa for the purposes of retirement and renew every year provided you follow the rules. That's how many of us live here.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

There are songtheos in Bangkok that cost 7 Baht, I just have been on one in Hua Hin that cost 10 Baht, and vaguely remember elsewhere in Thailand fares between 7 and 10 Baht.

The proposed raise to 20 Baht in Pattaya is just greediness. I plan my trips in Pattaya to involve as Little public Transport as possible (once arrived by bus), so it won't affect me much and I will pay if necessary, but disapprove.
travelerjim

Post by travelerjim »

Good grief....
20 Thai baht is a bargain.

Especially considering that the 10 Thai baht rate was in place for more than a decade.

Walk if you like... Or avoid Pattaya... Up to You
I consider the fee OK for me.

Tj
SP55

Post by SP55 »

I paid the usual 10 baht today. Did it twice for two separate journeys. No driver said anything about 20. And I could not see any signs about rising prices on neither the buses or at the location on second rd were they take off heading to Jomtien.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

SP55 wrote:I paid the usual 10 baht today. Did it twice for two separate journeys. No driver said anything about 20.
We have two topics about the baht buses. On the other topic, I posted the PATTAYA MAIL article saying the army has ordered the baht bus prices to remain at 10 baht.

See: http://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic. ... =20#p77370
travelerjim

Post by travelerjim »

TIT

Tj
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

On return trip from Jomtien I waited and waited for a Baht Bus but all were packed. Finally one stopped that was empty and only picked up two customers. Handed the driver 100 and was given back 80 Baht and, as he reached for the extra 10 Baht coin, told him to keep it.
Well worth the quick ride and extra 10 Baht. He deserved it.