12 Years in Pattaya..Then and Now...part 1

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dodger

Re: 12 Years in Pattaya..Then and Now...part 1

Post by Dodger »

Undaunted,

Great topic!

I think retirement is gradually wearing on you comfortably because this is by far the longest post you have ever written.

Yes, those very first steps into Sunee back then were certainly electrifying to say the least. The first time I walked into Gentlemen's Club in Boyztown was another electrifying and life-changing event.

The moment my feet hit the sois in Pattaya I decided that a major change in my life style was required. I went in semi-retirement immediately at age 42 - working six months a year and living in Thailand the other six - and have never looked back. I have fallen in love a hundred times, lived with countless boys, got married twice (I think), and not jaded in the least. Life is too short for that jaded crap. Having HIM (whoever HE happens to be at the moment) pretending he loves me is a far cry better than having some guy my own age loving me for real back here in the States. I'll take virtual reality over reality any day of the week.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Hi Dodger.....Gentlemen's club was at that time the primary training ground for most trade. Do you remember the horrible Belgium owner that would sit at the bar and sneer at the customers and his hideous mamasan? My first "boyfriend" and his brother were both graduates of this learning institution.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thaifarang wrote:How can they retire at 50?
I don't know why you persist in this. It has been explained several times. I'll use myself as an example. I'm retired and now I've lived in Thailand for close to 15 years. If I had to wait until I was 65 to retire, how old do you think I am? Do you think I am in my late 70s or in my 80s?
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Ah yes, Gentleman Club! First go-go club I visited in Pattaya 16 years ago and met my first and only bf. The owner, Robert, was Swiss as I recall. The mamasan was Tum.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

Mine too, in 1995. it was like visiting someone's house- sofas rather than chairs....so different to the more glitzy places like BBB and Toyboys.
However, in those days , dancers of sixteen years of age were allowed and I was deeply shocked by the youthfulness of some of the ones there. They wore short, red , silk kimonos and would jump on your lap when you sat down. I preferred Cockpit, which seemed more decorous to this newbie.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

windwalker wrote:Ah yes, Gentleman Club! First go-go club I visited in Pattaya 16 years ago and met my first and only bf. The owner, Robert, was Swiss as I recall. The mamasan was Tum.
Your memory serves you well windwalker ....The Begium guy ran Studio Boys..
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Does anybody remember "Moonlight" on the corner of soi 3 (Boyztown) and Second Road? Only a dozen boys or so (minimal staff for those days), but some of the hottest boys on the planet who would drop their undies (if they were wearing any) and entertain you on those old tattered sofa's at the drop of a dime. Then there was" Star BoyzBoyz" just across Second Rd. from Moonlight on soi Toyota who were recruiting their boys from some cloud up in heaven.

Undaunted; lets hear Chapter 2...and don't leave out the part about the 87 motorbikes and 32 puppy dogs you've owned in the past 12 years... :lol:
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote:Does anybody remember "Moonlight" on the corner of soi 3 (Boyztown) and Second Road?
I certainly do. That was one of my favorite bars. To the best of my recollection that was the first bar in Pattaya to ever have little games such as raffles for free drinks and free offs.

I also remember the Star Boys bar. To this day I still call that street Soi Star Boys and I have no idea what the name of the soi really is. I think at that same location, when Star Boys closed, a short lived go-go bar opened called Charlie Boys. Am I remembering that correctly?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Dodger wrote:Does anybody remember "Moonlight" on the corner of soi 3 (Boyztown) and Second Road? Only a dozen boys or so (minimal staff for those days), but some of the hottest boys on the planet who would drop their undies (if they were wearing any) and entertain you on those old tattered sofa's at the drop of a dime. Then there was" Star BoyzBoyz" just across Second Rd. from Moonlight on soi Toyota who were recruiting their boys from some cloud up in heaven.

Undaunted; lets hear Chapter 2...and don't leave out the part about the 87 motorbikes and 32 puppy dogs you've owned in the past 12 years... :lol:
Remember you used to write those very lengthy trip reports? Then you stopped, I asked you why and you said you didn't feel like it....Well with the many posts by others they seem to have filled the gap on this thread.....The only thing not covered was the way the beach was years ago. G.B. might want to chime in on that one.
I too remember the original Star Boys across from Welcome Plaza.....Can anyone name the go go just a few doors from Star Boys?
My favorite B.T. Go Go was Thai Boys directly across from City Boys.

B.T.W. The last dog went to my cleaning lady 2 weeks ago....And I have to 2 new bikes still with red number plates Lol.....It is easier to buy new then change the oil. :P
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Remembering infamous threads posted years ago on S.G.T. ........ My favorite was posted by a guy that would take photos of various toilets in gay venues in Pattaya and it was called "Name That Hung Nam".