Diet soda

bkkguy

Re: Diet soda

Post by bkkguy »

so we have GB's autonomic response he makes to all my postings "blah blah blah NEGATIVE blah blah blah NEGATIVE blah blah blah NOODGE" (and this is not a personal attack on you GB, it is just a comment on your opinions - which is allowed here!) and CPFC's response of "I [did not just dismiss this superficially and] took a look at the original articles..."

it is the ratio of GB to CPFC type responses that makes the white man's burden so heavy here

bkkguy
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

bkkguy wrote:it is the ratio of GB to CPFC type responses that makes the white man's burden so heavy here
I'm sure we all appreciate your efforts despite the heavy burden you bear. Since you didn't answer my question, I'll repeat it: "Is there ever going to be a post from you that isn't negative?" I mean, can't we at least have just one?
bkkguy

Post by bkkguy »

Gaybutton wrote:"Is there ever going to be a post from you that isn't negative?" I mean, can't we at least have just one?
One

bkkguy
bkkguy

Post by bkkguy »

I did want to leave the previous "positive" post unsullied by possibly negative explanation so in case you missed it GB, in algebra, logic and most programming languages 1 or "One" is a positive response, true, success - I hope the same applies in discussion forums!

since you have indicated so often that you have no respect for and indeed no interest in what I may say or think I am surprised your are so desperate for a positive response from me anyway

and it is good to see that we are still on (the confused) topic for the thread - like diet soda readers won't get tooth decay from the artificial sweetness of the posts but the acid may be a problem!

bkkguy
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

bkkguy wrote:in case you missed it GB, in algebra, logic and most programming languages 1 or "One" is a positive response
Well, thank you. I missed it. Without your assistance I would never have known.

Are you familiar with the 1 to 10 scale? Guess what "one" means on that scale . . .

It's not that I have no respect for and indeed no interest in what you may say or think, although I don't. Sorry, but I find it very difficult to have any interest in what a person says or thinks when every time I hear from him, it's always something negative.

It's really just curiosity on my part how a negative person like you gets to be a negative person like you. I'll bet there was at least a time in your life, even if it was short lived, when you were a positive person.

"What drove it out of you?"
- Charlton Heston, 'Ben Hur'
bkkguy

Post by bkkguy »

Gaybutton wrote:Are you familiar with the 1 to 10 scale? Guess what "one" means on that scale . . .
yes I am familiar with the 1 to 10 scale, so lets do a little exercise ...

A research paper was published with a title of "Dental erosion due to abuse of illicit drugs and acidic carbonated beverages" that said soda - diet or otherwise - was acidic and caused dental problems on a scale comparable to some street drugs

a thread was opened here with a title of "diet soda" that linked to a blog item with a headline "Diet Soda Habit as Bad for Teeth as Meth Addiction, Study Claims" discussing this research paper

then there was a series of posts discussing diet soda and artificial sweeteners and a post by me pointing out the discrepancy between the research article and the blog post and the thread title and most of the discussion in the thread, then a post by you that I am always negative in my posts

I will leave it to you to rate all the posts on this thread on a scale of 1 - 10 that you seem to understand where 1 is very negative (your opinion of everything I say) and 10 is very positive (eg your opinion of the posts by your favourite posters here)

I will leave it to others to rate the posts as useful in understanding the issue being discussed in the thread and the health blog post - acid in soda - where 1 is not very helpful and 10 is very helpful - you can also rate the posts on this scale as well if you like - if you think you can manage it!

bkkguy
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

bkkguy wrote:if you think you can manage it!
No, I'm sure I can't manage it.
bkkguy

Post by bkkguy »

Gaybutton wrote:No, I'm sure I can't manage it.
It's really just curiosity on my part how a non-analytical person like you gets to be a non-analytical person like you. I'll bet there was at least a time in your life, even if it was short lived, when you were an analytical person.

"What drove it out of you?"
- Charlton Heston, 'Ben Hur'

bkkguy
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Heyyyy, bkkguy. I get it. That's a good one. The trouble is, on my worst day I'm still far more analytical and positive than you'll ever be on your best day. But you definitely win the negativity contest.

Ok, now you can have the last word if you want it. That will end our barb trading. After that we'll either get back to the topic subject or close the thread.
bkkguy

Post by bkkguy »

since you so like pithy quotes ...

"I may have faults, but being wrong ain't one of them."
- Jimmy Hoffa

bkkguy