Current conditions in the bar areas

Anything and everything about Thailand
Josan

Current conditions in the bar areas

Post by Josan »

Current conditions in the bar areas of BKK and Pattaya.
There are a number of farangs planning to visit Thailand within the next three months but are now unsure ….

Any updates from resident members:

Now with less Chinese are the bar areas active?
Any less guys available?
Have some of the Vietnam guys left?
Everyone wearing a face mask?
Any new info??

THANKS!
Trongpai

Re: Current conditions in the bar areas

Post by Trongpai »

I was in Boyz Boyz Pattaya last weekend and there were about 20% free seats just before the show. In contrast at the same bar pre corona it was completely full. Jo Jo took to the stage with a can of disinfectant and announced the bar corona free.

Last night in Bangkok I made the rounds expecting light attendance. I did not notice any significant difference other than an increase in farang in the bars. I don't know why but when the bars moved to PP2 farangs returned to the bars. They're still out numbered by Asian tourists but have returned in significant numbers. I am no longer the only farang in the village.

The patrons of the bars have never been mainland Chinese but rather ethnic Chinese from Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, Hong Kong and other SE countries. Also Koreans and Japanese more of the former. By the way, the order of those Asian countries is from highest to lowest according to Dream Boys Bangkok who used to survey the audience before the show.

It's hard to gauge the effects of attendance due to the corona virus or just a usual drop off from the height of high season.

The boys on stage and in the bars are not wearing face masks. The quantity remains the same.

The Vietnamese boys have just started returning having returned home for Tet.
werner99

Post by werner99 »

This is information is very useful. I would appreciate it very much could if members would continue to provide information about how the coronavirus epidemic is affecting Thailand and conditions in the bars. I am debating whether to cancel a long awaited trip to Bangkok. I would NOT want to go if everyone needs to wear masks. . .
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Nobody NEEDS to wear a mask. Most European do not.
No reason at all not to come.
I'm in Pattaya and all normal.
Josan

Post by Josan »

THANKS for the updates.

Please, as time go on please keep us updated!
Josan

Post by Josan »

About face masks. What about a show with many boys wearing ONLY a face mask????
ceejay

Post by ceejay »

Josan wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:01 am About face masks. What about a show with many boys wearing ONLY a face mask????
Some of the boys probably wish we would wear face masks.
pong

Post by pong »

As for normallife here in BKK-nothing to add. Except another unexpected pro: traffic is way down as it used to be. many rides only take half the time I was used to. It varies, but I guess less as 20/25% of all people on street wear mask. Some shops-notably the 7-want their staff to wear them whilst working. What you do see is sanitizer bottles at entry of about any shopcentre/supermarket etc. and even Tesco foodcourt.
Still have yet to see 1 guy in a recognised gay place who wears mask. But then I never go to Tawan where they seem to do that in their SM-imitation show.
Kudo vor CJ above here-the same sprang to my mind.
aussie

Post by aussie »

The police visited Jomtiem Complex last night so the bars closed at 1.00am. The third visit from authorities that I know of in the last week. They are going to destroy their income stream and the bar scene in the Complex if this keeps happening.
Josan

Post by Josan »

Just looking for Valentines funds?