chinese deadly coronavirus

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dodger

Re: chinese deadly coronavirus

Post by Dodger »

As the lob-sided wheel turns!

Thailand not only continues to leave its doors wide open to the Chinese, but rolls out the red carpet by continuing to provide them free visa's on arrival in the process. Under these circumstances, it seems appropriate that all countries issue travel warnings to their citizens advising them to avoid going to Thailand until a ban on Chinese tourists in Thailand is enforced, and Thailand can demonstrate that it is controlling the situation effectively.

Thailand (TAT) apparently thinks it can have its cake and eat it too. 1) Continues to allow the Chinese to threaten the health of the people in Thailand (Thais and foreigners), for the sole purpose of protecting $$$revenue$$$ from Chinese tourism and 2) Continues to encourage all other foreign tourists to come and enjoy sunny Thailand, and even mix it up with the Chinese at the beaches, markets, restaurants, etc., without showing the least bit of concern about their health and safety.

The numbers simply don't add up.

There's no way in hell that Japan has almost as many people infected with coronavirus as Thailand, which, according to recent reports provided by both, Japan and Thailand, is the case. There are around 700,000 Chinese living in Japan, and somewhere between 6-9 million Chinese living in Thailand. Japan now reports 28 with the virus, and Thailand reports 33. Just based on the population of Chinese residing in these two countries, one would expect the numbers in Thailand to be ten times higher than being reported.

Singapore imposed a ban on all Chinese visitors, and still reports 47 people infected with the virus currently. How can a country who banned the Chinese, as well as anyone who has even visited China, from entering its country, have more reported cases than a country (Thailand) which has not imposed a ban, and simply left the flood gates open. I'm not buying it. (and I'm sure I'm not alone)

My daughter and son-in-law planned their second holiday in Thailand for October of this year. I won't be surprised if they cancel their plans.
Jun

Post by Jun »

The Thai virus statistics are very surprising.
Also, Thailand continues to allow Chinese tourists to arrive. One would think there is every incentive for them to travel, considering conditions at home. Also, whilst I haven't seen any tour groups following flags, how long will it be before they start flouting restrictions on tour groups ?
Break the group up, then re-assemble it once past the borders. Cannot be that difficult in a country where tea money can make things happen.

If there were a cover up of infection statistics, it would be counterproductive in the long term.
pong

Post by pong »

Case of that cruiseship banned near everywhere: so it now lands at Sihanouk/Khmer, a city near totally rebuilt with ample Chinese money and now also near abandoned by them (gambling!) The pax will be relieved and brought to Phnom Penh. I assume they have to go home then and most will be US (thats the usual bunch of cruising-goers). However, PHN lacks any long distance INtern. flight, except to China (cancelled for now) and HKG/JPn, and has ample flites to BKK. So one may expect a lot of those mishap people will thus come to here BKK just a few days later as they would have done if the ship was able to land at LaemChabnag container (and yes, also cruise) port.
Jun

Post by Jun »

pong wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:46 am However, PHN lacks any long distance INtern. flight, except to China (cancelled for now) and HKG/JPn, and has ample flites to BKK.
Also flights to Doha, Seoul, KL, Jakarta, Singapore and a few others. Most of which are at least as far away as China and/or with a super range of connections.

If you are going to write all these posts trying to inform us, please get your facts straight !

I don't come here to read fiction passed off as fact.
Josan

Post by Josan »

Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:49 am GB...take note
My dog will just have to risk confronting life without wearing a face mask . . .
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

If your dog happens to be sniffing around a dog from China you should give him more than a mask:

http://petcondom.org/
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:37 pm If your dog happens to be sniffing around a dog from China you should give him more than a mask
My dog says he's willing to fight the paternity suit . . .
Jun

Post by Jun »

By calculation off the worldmeters site:
98.8% of cases are in China
0.62% are on a ship in Yokohama
0.6% in the rest of the world.

I presume the numbers for the ship include those moved to hospital.

As a percentage of total population, Singapore has about 30% of the infection rate of China. I wouldn't be going there at present.

A few people are coughing and sneezing in Pattaya, but not quite enough for me to conclude they definitely have some strain of flu. I still use hand sanitizer after exiting premises where they are.