Which of these 2020 Democrats agrees with you most?

Undaunted

Re: Which of these 2020 Democrats agrees with you most?

Post by Undaunted »

Up2u wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:54 amAfter the New Hampshire primary results I would keep my eye on Klobuchar.
Klobuchar is similar to watching paint dry :!:

At the rate the candidates are going they are guaranteeing a Trump’s re-election.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:28 pm For me, in the following order - and a very short "here's why":
6. Michael Bloomberg - experience and the fact that Judge Judy endorses him
An endorsement from Judge Judy is like an endorsement from the Devil herself. ;)
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

I like Mayor Pete the best, but I fear he is not yet seasoned emough to untangle the snarl that is Washington. I think the dream ticket for both moving the country ahead and defeating Trump would be Bloomberg for President and Kobuchar as VP. I think whoever the Dems nominate will imdoubtedly name a woman as VP and Klobuchar seems an excellent pick.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Anybody watch the debate? That was simply a pathetic debate performance by Bloomberg, he should forget about being President.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

I watched the debate and agree, Bloomberg looked pretty pathetic - ill prepared, no positions, and totally lacking in charisma. Mayor Pete looked like the most presidential and continues to be relatable and articulate. But, the guy who I think was most helped by the debate was Biden. For once he seemed prepared to fight. Sanders merely continued to trumpet his oft repeated policies, but has yet to explain how he plans to pay for any of them. I suppose if you are a Sanders supporter he didn't hurt his chances, but I don't see how his performance enhanced his standing. Amy, held her own, but didn't seem to repeat her outstanding performance in the last debate. And, finally, Warren to me came across as shrill and offered nothing new. My bottom line is I think Biden was the most helped by the debate followed by Mayor Pete. Now I'll wait and see if the pundits agree with me.
Captain Swing

Post by Captain Swing »

I watched the debate, and I thought the only winner was Trump. I've been favoring Bloomberg for months, even before he entered the race, but he gave a very depressing performance. He was one of the best mayors New York City ever had, but the media and his opponents have managed to reduce that record down to "stop-n-frisk," and "buying the election." If he can't give a better effort than the did tonight, and the others continue to savage him, all his money won't be enough to save him. I still think he's the candidate Trump would least like to face. None of the others distinguished themselves. Biden was always my second choice, but now he comes off as Dead Man Walking; I tended to be surprised every time they called on him, forgetting he was even there. Sanders came off the best, I suppose, but his policies are borderline insane. If he's nominated, I can easily see him losing all 50 states, doing worse than McGovern. (He might carry DC). I can't stand Warren, and her policies are only slightly less lunatic than Sanders's. She might win a couple of states, but she might not--look at her poor showing in New Hampshire, her neighboring state. I would probably vote for either of them simply because they're not Trump, but I'd hate myself for doing it. And neither of them would have strong enough coattails to win control of Congress, so if by some act of a malicious god they became president, their administration would be utterly ineffectual. Buttigieg and Klobuchar struck me as minor leaguers; I can't get enthusiastic about either one. Again, the only thing in their favor is that they're not Trump. Only slightly facetiously, I'd say the candidate who came off best by far, was Andrew Yang, who did a very credible job as a talking-head commentator on CNN.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Captain Swing wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:55 pm the only thing in their favor is that they're not Trump.
That's good enough for me . . .
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

I have high hopes for Bloomberg and I hope shooting himself in the foot won’t hurt too much. Clearly the democratic candidates are aiding what seems like another Trump win as they continue to chew up each other instead of Trump.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"