Which of these 2020 Democrats agrees with you most?

Up2u

Which of these 2020 Democrats agrees with you most?

Post by Up2u »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... s-with-me/

For me, it was Biden, Bloomberg (unfortunately), Klobuchar and Buttigieg. Warren and Sanders were at the bottom which is more a reflection on me than them. Have I become that conservative and whatever happened to my youthful idealism? Looks like I've become a political old fogey.
Gaybutton

Re: Which of these 2020 Democrats agrees with you most?

Post by Gaybutton »

For me, in the following order - and a very short "here's why":

1. Elizabeth Warren - best goals and ideas
2. Pete Buttigieg - most intelligent and articulate and openly gay
3. Bernie Sanders - second best goals and ideas
4. Joe Biden - experience and the fact that Trump is afraid of him
5. Amy Klobuchar - capable of enacting her ideas and most fully sincere
6. Michael Bloomberg - experience and the fact that Judge Judy endorses him

But in my dreams if Adam Schiff was running, I'd pick him over the others, no question - and I'd love for Rachel Maddow to be his Vice President.

If you were asking which Democrat candidate has the best chance of beating Trump, as it stands at the time of this post, I'd say Joe Biden.

Despite my preferences, whoever the Democrat candidate turns out to be, that's who will be getting my vote.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

None! Biden for lack of anything better. If the economy continues to do well through the election like it or not it will be another Trump victory.
Personally, I think Bloomberg is the smartest and would be a very good president but I am concerned about his electability.
I can’t stomach Warren and pity her husband :!:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Jun

Post by Jun »

For a novelty I tried the quiz and was most in line with Biden and Bloomberg.

Rather irrelevant, as I don't hold US citizenship.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

It's laughable that some people think the economy is doing well. The stock market is doing well but that has nothing to do with the economy. The majority of citizens own no stock or have so little that it is meaningless in their daily lives . https://www.paycor.com/resource-center/ ... e-by-state
shows the laughable minimum wage in all 50 states . Take a look at the minimum wage in most states and try to imagine living on that.

Rich states like PA. Va, Texas and many more with a $7.25 per hour minimum wage . And if you think there are not millions in those states and others making exactly that then you have been either out of the country for too long or have never been a citizen. They survive by having multiple jobs, praying that they don't get sick and getting government assistance.

Meanwhile we have evolved into a country where individuals make $40 million per year and more to run companies like the recent Loser fired from Boeing. We have companies that will close a plant in a minute in order to get a better deal in another country where wages are low and we have a government that allows it.

Unions were essentially busted under Reagan and now represent a very small % of the work force.

We have allowed our universities to saddle their graduates with debt that they struggle to repay at exorbitant interest rates and which they cannot get the rate lowered .

Yes the USA is a mess for a large % of the population , but then there are a % doing quite well and they seem to have control of things.

Overwhelming majority of citizens want gun laws changed including the vast majority of gun owners. And yet the NRA owns the politicians in Washington.

What is the answer. I wish I knew . I'd love to see Bloomberg get the Presidency. If nothing else he knows how to run things and maybe he can change the entire tax system and start collecting from the crooked multi millionaires and Billionaires who pay little or no taxes in respect to their wealth.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

This is why Trump could win again. The shrinking Republican party is currently supports behind Trump with passion. Remember how the Sander's supporters deserted Clinton.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/15/politics ... index.html
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

All rank equal as far as agreeing with me: I don't like any of them.

The Democrats didn't put a single candidate on the stage that's electable IMO, and we're in for another 4 years of you know what.

The good news: Trump can't run for a third term.
The bad news: Our Constitution will be in tatters by he end of his second.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Dodger wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:57 pm All rank equal as far as agreeing with me: I don't like any of them.

The Democrats didn't put a single candidate on the stage that's electable IMO, and we're in for another 4 years of you know what.

I was excited about mayor Pete but only because he was openly gay but not a reason to vote for him.
Biden is very unexciting, the rest put me to sleep with the exception of Elisabeth Warren who I can’t even listen to. The real dark horse and in my opinion the brightest and most capable of doing the job as president is Mike Bloomberg.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Jun

Post by Jun »

I would like to think that if the Democrats fielded a sensible centre candidate, any reasonably intelligent Republican would realise that it's better than risking 4 more years of Trump.

I don't follow it closely, but Bloomberg seems to be the best bet for that.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Undaunted wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:13 pm
Dodger wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:57 pm All rank equal as far as agreeing with me: I don't like any of them.

I was excited about mayor Pete but only because he was openly gay but not a reason to vote for him.
Biden is very unexciting, the rest put me to sleep with the exception of Elisabeth Warren who I can’t even listen to. The real dark horse and in my opinion the brightest and most capable of doing the job as president is Mike Bloomberg.
Do you really think those young energetic Sander's voters (and Warren) will support a billionaire candidate after their campaign's emphasis on the system being rigged for the rich and powerful, and talk about wealth redistribution. Do you think black (and Hispanic voters), the soul of the Democratic party, will vote in strength?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/11/opinions ... index.html

After the New Hampshire primary results I would keep my eye on Klobuchar.