Police Raid Gay Massage Udon Thani

Anything and everything about Thailand
Trongpai

Police Raid Gay Massage Udon Thani

Post by Trongpai »

I found this in the Bangkok Post 13 Jan 2020, P.3

Cheaper than Bangkok's massage prices.

This might have been the only gay massage venue in Udon. There's lots of straight massage joints and karaoke bars masquerading for sex all over Issan in the cities as well as the small towns. Reasonable short time rooms are generally adjacent to these establishments. They're often marked only with Christmas type lighting.

Actually, you don't have to go that far up country to see these. They are even in the sub-burbs of Bangkok. You never hear of the police closing them down.
pong

Re: Police Raid Gay Massage Udon Thani

Post by pong »

Not quite right, but its rare indeed-plus that many are just beyond BKKs boundaries in Nonthaburi-these may even be cheaper as quoted here.
Major reason for various recent raids on m2m seemed to be exposing foreign workers-notably a Viet in VC-kool who was quoted as getting a whoppong 5000/service, of which he passed on 1500 to the establishment.
Normal Thai usually just shrug about this and asume owner/mamanger has failed to off pay the T to Bibs on time. or its time for a new 3-yr ´contract´
Jun

Post by Jun »

pong wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:34 pm Normal Thai usually just shrug about this and assume owner/mamanger has failed to off pay the T to Bibs on time. or its time for a new 3-yr ´contract´
That has to be it, as no doubt they leave other straight places untouched.

More annoying is having visited Udon about a year ago and not known about this massage place.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

pong wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:34 pm Not quite right, but its rare indeed-plus that many are just beyond BKKs boundaries in Nonthaburi-these may even be cheaper
Yes, you're correct. I should have said most of Bangkok's gay massage venues charge more. There's still places in the burbs that charge 400-600 for the massage and room and have a min tip of around 1000. One I know is only signed it Thai and of course gets only Thai customers yet the "expected" or listed tip is still 1000B minimum.
Jun

Post by Jun »

In Chiang Mai, the cost of a 1 hour oil massage at the ordinary massage places is 250-300 baht.
The two I have found with all male staff charge 700 per hour.

From my experience elsewhere in Thailand, if taking a 300 baht massage with a male masseur, the massage tends to be good and the probability of some hanky panky is over 80%.

I'm guessing the 700 baht gets more emphasis on the erotic, with less of a massage and of course a substantial tip to the masseur would be needed.
I haven't yet been along, as I tend to prefer a massage that actually includes 40 minutes of proper massage first.
ceejay

Post by ceejay »

Jun wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:38 pm In Chiang Mai, the cost of a 1 hour oil massage at the ordinary massage places is 250-300 baht.
The two I have found with all male staff charge 700 per hour.

From my experience elsewhere in Thailand, if taking a 300 baht massage with a male masseur, the massage tends to be good and the probability of some hanky panky is over 80%.

I'm guessing the 700 baht gets more emphasis on the erotic, with less of a massage and of course a substantial tip to the masseur would be needed.
I haven't yet been along, as I tend to prefer a massage that actually includes 40 minutes of proper massage first.
Apollo, on Chang Klan, charges 600/hour, so I guess you have not found that yet.
https://apollomassage.net/services/
Bubbles, in Santitham, charges only 300. It is used by Thai gay guys as well as westerners
https://bubleb.wixsite.com/massage/massage-prices
Massage is not my thing, but both come highly recommended by customers known to me personally.