800 baht off fee

Anything and everything about Thailand
SP55

Re: 800 baht off fee

Post by SP55 »

Off fee in Winnerboys is indeed 600 baht before 22:00 and 400 baht after.
Boydrinks are 139 baht each.

The hotel in the corner of Sunee plaza and soi Yensabai offers short time rooms for 400 baht.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Jun wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:21 pm
More relevant, how common is it for bars to charge a higher off fee before 10:00 pm ? All these years, I've just paid the off fee and not asked questions. Typically after 10 pm if I have been with friends and sometimes earlier if alone.
The owner of Winner believes he makes more money on drinks when there are many go-go boys on stage/on premises and thus increases the off fee during the peak period to keep the lads there. After 10 pm the dynamic changes and down goes the off fee.
Jun

Post by Jun »

windwalker wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:47 pm The owner of Winner believes he makes more money on drinks when there are many go-go boys on stage/on premises and thus increases the off fee during the peak period to keep the lads there. After 10 pm the dynamic changes and down goes the off fee.
I see his logic and he's perfectly entitled to do that as far as I'm concerned.
I just wanted to know if any other bars operated such a policy, as if it's 9:50pm, I can easily wait 10 minutes to save 200.

Occasionally I get unexpected pricing in gogo bars, such as the time it cost me "only" 900 for 2 drinks and an off in Fresh Boys Bangkok. No idea if that was a one off or because I was quite late at night.

As for charging 600 to keep boys on the stage in Winner, that policy might work even better if someone cracks the whip to ensure at least 50% of the available boys actually are on stage.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Jun wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:20 pm
windwalker wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:47 pm The owner of Winner believes he makes more money on drinks when there are many go-go boys on stage/on premises and thus increases the off fee during the peak period to keep the lads there. After 10 pm the dynamic changes and down goes the off fee.
I just wanted to know if any other bars operated such a policy, as if it's 9:50pm, I can easily wait 10 minutes to save 200
Yes, but not quite the same. I was in Screwboys one evening, not long before closing time. They offered me offs without an off fee. I think this may be common late at night.