VCK Cool Space (V club) Raided

Anything and everything about Thailand
Trongpai

VCK Cool Space (V club) Raided

Post by Trongpai »

On 27 Dec 2019 the Bangkok police with a lot of fanfare and TV press raided the VCK Cool Place, formerly the V Club and connected to Chakran Sauna. I don't find anything in the English language press yet. Non Thai massage workers were arrested.

They even had the time to make up a printed chart as a back prop for their photo opps.

https://www.matichon.co.th/local/crime/news_1846141

I'm told that sauna patrons were unmolested and ushered out. Perhaps after posing for a photo with a towel on their heads? They may be closed today?

https://www.travelgay.com/venue/v-club/
@DM

Re: VCK Cool Space (V club) Raided

Post by @DM »

Technically, the press conference announcing the raid was on 27th, in time for it to get covered in the mid-day news. The raid happened the 26th.

Chakran Sauna is definitely open for business as usual and I'm getting lots of Line messages from them about the holiday weekend's events.

Certainly as of yesterday afternoon V Club 7 massage was still open for business and sending out Line photos of available guys (and I know someone who went there yesterday afternoon- i.e, after the press conference and TV news reports). But given all the publicity I would double check with them to confirm they are open before going.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/114076 ... t-14901020

"..... The premises looked innocent enough on the outside with a sign stating "VCK Cool Space".

But inside it was anything but. Investigators found 35 men just in their underpants waiting to provide sexual services and massages."

Translated from https://www.thairath.co.th/news/local/bangkok/1736130
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

You have to be kidding me: Ch 3 news right now used video from this raid as their lead-in teaser for the nightly news. Then ran some stories about holiday traffic and other things but before the commercial break, another teaser, stay tuned to this shocking story!

Then the story ran and they used the word gay 6 times! Ch 3 missed out on the scoop so sent out some reporters the next day to do some neighborhood reporting as well as showing photos of mens in underpants.
Jun

Post by Jun »

What is the main offence here ?

Is it men dressed in underpants ? Just for reference, if the police raided certain Pattaya gogo bars, they would find young ladies wearing just high heels and a wristband with a number on it. Do those of you who follow the Pattaya news ever hear of police raids there ? As straight premises outnumber gay premises perhaps 20:1, or more, maybe the ratio of raids should reflect that.

As for foreign workers, I have no data, but imagine that's not just limited to gay places either.
pong

Post by pong »

Just opened this forum after closing gayguide-forum and just read a discussion about pro/contr betwn VC and Ganymede there. (now being flewn home with SQ able to get uptodate again).
There have been at least 2 other raids of such places for m2m in the last monthes and it seems all were mostly aimed at drugs and peddling of that. there was a warning in one report of them that also customers were aimed for and had to do the usual p-test.
In the more distant past several chians of such places (notably one named 8 1/2) have been closed-forever- after the BiBs did indeed find the suspected stuff.