Eros to reopen soon in Boystown

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Eros to reopen soon in Boystown

Post by Gaybutton »

windwalker wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:20 pm Erosboybar said he was looking for a location with a swimming pool. Maybe difficult to find in Sunee Plaza or in Boyztown. :?
Yes, you're right. My mistake. Maybe difficult to find at all. I can't think of anywhere that would fit the bill, although Splash managed to do it in Boyztown. Maybe he has a location in mind.

I wonder if he's talking about a swimming pool in which boys are simply displayed or a pool where the customers can join in with the boys.
Jun

Post by Jun »

That could mean one of these fish tank arrangements, as seen at various times in Classic Boys and Copa ?
The type of bars which have survived in Boyztown usually have some scale and a mid to premium market positioning. The ones with 6 boys and a low end feel seem to have died out.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

In my opinion the main attraction of Eros when it was in Sunee Plaza was the unabashed anything goes style, staffed by boys whose vocabulary never included 'modesty' or 'inhibition'.

I believe that is what made Eros what it was, what it meant to us, and why it lasted so long. I also believe that is what the gay farang crowd is hoping for and expecting if and when Eros reopens. If that's what they get, I think Eros will succeed as well as it ever did - maybe even better now. If not, I think it will quickly become just another run-of-the-mill bar that will probably be doomed to failure and won't last very long.

For me, the swimming pool idea just doesn't excite me. Does it really excite any of you? I don't know what the owner has in mind, but if it is going to be little more than a display of boys swimming, that's been tried - and eventually failed. I just don't think that's what potential Eros customers are looking for. If I want to watch sexy boys swimming, I'll go to Pattaya Park. If the owner has something entirely different in mind, and I don't have any idea what that might be, if it is an attraction that won't fade when the novelty wears off, then I think it has a good chance of success.

Personally, I'm hoping for Eros to be what it was or, considering the times, as close to what it was as they can get away with and the only real difference between the old and new Eros will be the location.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Agreed. The completely uninhibited style at Eros was the attraction.
a447

Post by a447 »

Well, the owner is reading this forum. Let's hope he takes some of our ideas on board.

We all know what we want to see in a gay bar, so if he caters for us, his clientele, he should do well.
Erosboybar

Post by Erosboybar »

Hello Guys. Thanks for your messages. We want a very special new bar. not same other bars in pattaya, We talk in January again with the government. We go only to Boystown. Sunee is finished and customer not come. Every buidling in Sunee is very old and have no service. IS very dark there and nothing look good for customer. We hope our customer not forget us.....
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Erosboybar wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:01 pm customer not come.
If your prices are going to be the same as some of the other Boyztown bars, customer not come there too . . .
a447

Post by a447 »

Erosboybar wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:01 pm IS very dark there
But that's what the customers want - a sleazy bar where they can have lots of fun. Eros was hidden at the end of the soi. Eros situated in a brightly-lit area will not work. It has to be separated from all the other bars.

And moving to a high rent area means prices will rise. So the number of customers will fall.

It's a lose lose situation, I think.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

a447 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:20 am But that's what the customers want - a sleazy bar
I agree. That's exactly what Eros customers want. They want the sleaze, the 'anything goes' atmosphere, uninhibited boys, and reasonably priced drinks.

I don't know what makes the owner think anyone is interested in a swimming pool. I, for one, have about zero interest in a swimming pool. If I become a steady customer, it will be if we're getting what the old Eros had to offer. If not, I can't think of any reason why Eros would attract me any more than any other go go bar.

And, speaking only for myself, PLEASE - no bar shows.
Captain Swing

Post by Captain Swing »

What am I missing here? You all act like Eros was a gold mine, and the only viable course for the owner to take is to recreate it, preferably in the same location. The business failed! We don't know all the exact reasons, perhaps, but the owner obviously felt it was no longer sustainable. The fact that it succeeded for a long time before that is irrelevant--so did Kodak. Does anyone know if it was actually profitable? Maybe he merely wants to run a place a little less sordid. He wants to try something else, somewhere else, and the reaction is to virtually threaten him, that if he changes a thing no one will ever patronize his bar again. And above all,(and most importantly) God forbid he should raise his drink prices! I have no idea if he'll succeed; personally, I don't feel a swimming pool is the answer. But maybe give him a chance, rather than doom him to failure. He's run a bar in Pattaya and we haven't. Maybe he actually knows a little more about the business than we think we do. A new bar opening is a good thing for us, even if it doesn't check all the boxes we would check. Good luck to him.