Eros to reopen soon in Boystown

Anything and everything about Thailand
SP55

Re: Eros to reopen soon in Boystown

Post by SP55 »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:55 pm
SP55 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:46 pm 0 of them had heard anything about Eros to reopen.
If Eros does reopen, did any of those boys say whether they would work there?
I believe most of them would be very happy to, if the business model was the same. The boys at Eros were mostly straight during the last years. And they seem to have been comfortable with showing up at the bar a few hours whenever they wanted (since they were all freelancers), doing their thing and earning some easy money and then going out with friends and girlfriends to the discos and spend. Standing on stages and dancing with gayboys and discipline like in Winnerboys with their rotation on stage, is probably not their thing. Really a shame that Dragon789 bar also closed almost at the same time as Eros otherwise that bar would have been perfect for the Erosboys.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

SP55 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:31 am
Gaybutton wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:55 pm If Eros does reopen, did any of those boys say whether they would work there?
I believe most of them would be very happy to
Yes, but what I asked was if any of them said they would.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

I think it's safe to assume that Eros is dead in the water.

The owner of Flamingo Hotel in Soi Day/Night pulled the same stunt. He has a sign posted on the window which says "Closed for Renovation"...although, never said when the renovation was going to be complete...never communicated anything to his clientele, including those who had bookings,..but, according to his staff, the placed has simply gone out of business and there are no plans to reopen.

Kinda shows you how much dedication these owners have for their clientele... 8-)
ceejay

Post by ceejay »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:38 pm
ceejay wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:10 pm "I don't understand you," said Alice. "It's dreadfully confusing!
So is that post . . .
Maybe it's more of a British thing? It's an extended quote from Alice through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carrol.

It is the origin of the expression "Jam Tomorrow" which is very widely used in the UK for a never-to-be-kept promise - always Jam Tomorrow, never Jam Today.

It is particularly widely used by political commentators, especially of manifesto promises.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:26 am Yes, but what I asked was if any of them said they would.
I wasn't on a mission to recruit staff to a fictitious new Eros that the staff of the old Eros never had heard of. One might have believed the boss of a reopening Eros would contact his old staff for such a purpose though? But no.

But as I said everyone I have talked with say they made more money working at Eros than they do now, so isn't it obvious they would go to a new Eros if it had the same business model? It is to me.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

SP55 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:21 pm One might have believed the boss of a reopening Eros would contact his old staff for such a purpose though?
I'd say yes, assuming he even knows how to contact them. But when it comes to the bar goings on, the boys manage to find out, usually before any of us do. If he ever does open in Boyztown, and I'm beginning to have my doubts too - which is why I brought it up, I'm not so sure the Sunee Plaza format would get very far or last very long in Boyztown. In the "golden years" the Sunee Plaza bars got away with much more "anything goes" than any bars I remember in Boyztown.

Whether Eros reopens in Boyztown or not, those days are history and I don't foresee them coming back. The only chance of it I see would be if the powers-that-be relent their prudish attitude and just let Pattaya be Pattaya instead of their exercise in futility about trying to change the paradigm.
Erosboybar

Post by Erosboybar »

Hi Guys, the plan is to open Eros 2020, but in Boystown. I think we want to open after Songkran. We want a new bar with a new system. The plan is a go-go-bar, but not same go-go as before. We can't change everything. We're having meetings soon about this. We want very special service for our customers - a nice location and with a swimming pool for very special feeling. Hope see you all very soon.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Erosboybar wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:35 am Hi Guys, the plan is to open Eros 2020, but in Boystown. I think we want to open after Songkran. We want a new bar with a new system. The plan is a go-go-bar, but not same go-go as before. We can't change everything. We're having meetings soon about this. We want very special service for our customers - a nice location and with a swimming pool for very special feeling. Hope see you all very soon.
Erosboybar: Thank you for sharing with us what you would like to do.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I would think if that Nana Plaza clone is going to be able to open go-go bars, then Eros ought to be able to find somewhere to open. I just hope it will be somewhere easily accessible.

Why aren't you opening in another Sunee Plaza location? There's certainly plenty of space available and the fact that it would be Sunee Plaza just might attract more gay farang back to Sunee Plaza.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Erosboybar said he was looking for a location with a swimming pool. Maybe difficult to find in Sunee Plaza or in Boyztown. :?