Pointless Speculation.....

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dodger

Re: Pointless Speculation.....

Post by Dodger »

Jun wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:09 pm As for comments on the door
Fire doors are usually metal, not made of wood or molded resin.

Doors which have been painted, in this case painted white, are usually cheap molded doors. Solid wood doors, which are much more expensive, are typically left natural wood, as shown in the Mozaik photo.

Typical cheap Thai room.
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

When I read gaybutton, the last thing I expect is a series of dissertations on Thai doors which has spilled over to a second page. My thesaurus describes pointless as -- senseless, futile, hopeless, fruitless, useless, needless, wasted, in vain, unavailing, aimless, idle, to no purpose, purposeless, worthless, valueless, unproductive, unprofitable; absurd, insane, nonsensical, stupid, silly, irrelevant, footling, fatuous, foolish, hollow, inane, ridiculous.

Take your pick.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

The title of this thread is "pointless speculation" so all in keeping with that.

And now everyone will be checking out the number of hinges on their doors to see if 2,3 or 4 of them. Of course there will be some with 2 or 3 but the majority will be four. Why that is, I don't know.

I even saw one door with 3 hinges and a door with 6 hinges in my condo . Fascinating.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

windwalker wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:01 pm the majority will be four.
Ok, I checked out the doors in my house. Bedroom doors - 3 hinges. All other doors - 4 hinges.

I'm going to make a written note of that and take some photos, seal them in a strong container, and bury it in my garden - just doing what I can to be an immense help to archeologists a few thousand years from now if they discover it . . .
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

thewayhelooks wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:42 am When I read gaybutton, the last thing I expect is a series of dissertations on Thai doors which has spilled over to a second page. My thesaurus describes pointless as -- senseless, futile, hopeless, fruitless, useless, needless, wasted, in vain, unavailing, aimless, idle, to no purpose, purposeless, worthless, valueless, unproductive, unprofitable; absurd, insane, nonsensical, stupid, silly, irrelevant, footling, fatuous, foolish, hollow, inane, ridiculous.

Take your pick.
Just wait. We haven't got to the shoes yet.
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

I'm going back to bed. Call me when it's over.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Dodger wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:48 am Just wait. We haven't got to the shoes yet.
Good point. We can safely say he likes black, considering the outfit and a wide selection of matching black shoes.
Good taste. Or rather good taste for streetwear. For Grindr profile pics, wearing nothing but tight fitting underwear in a light colour is better.

Also if it's a boy's room, possibly shared, perhaps some of the shoes belong to other residents ?
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Jun wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:43 pm
Dodger wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:48 am Just wait. We haven't got to the shoes yet.
Good point. We can safely say he likes black, considering the outfit and a wide selection of matching black shoes.
Good taste. Or rather good taste for streetwear. For Grindr profile pics, wearing nothing but tight fitting underwear in a light colour is better.

Also if it's a boy's room, possibly shared, perhaps some of the shoes belong to other residents ?
I've never seen bird legs like that on a Thai guy. Between his bird legs and white skin, he appears more Chinese, or possibly an underfed hillbilly from Tennessee.

Those dark brown stains around his knees may be a sign of hyperpigmentation which is caused by frequent friction from bending - making him appear as either a bottom, a drunk who falls down a lot, or both. If he's both, that may account for the 4th hinge on the door. His head could have busted through the old 3 hinge door when he was drunk on the floor and getting banged from behind in the doggy style position. If this were the case, the repair man may have felt that a fourth hinge was needed to make the new door stronger.

The "Shoes" still remain a mystery.
Jun

Post by Jun »

rocket wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:42 pmThis is how sparse the boys have become when you can instantly recognize a blacked out face on grinder or hornet.
I was also wondering if the quantity of boys on the phone apps is down.
Or perhaps that's a misconception on my part & I'm really filtering too many out due to tattoos, breasts, excess weight &/or facial hair.

It's certainly not like the days when I would walk into Funny Boys and out of nearly 50 boys, about 12 would meet my criteria of being smooth, slim, free from tattoos and nicely groomed.

Incidentally, I also doubt he's Chinese. More likely, from Thailand, Cambodia or Laos. With a shoe fettish & a dodgy bowl haircut.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I prefer Planet Romeo as it has many photos and features, but of course I have to go to the other apps where the boys are.

Grindr DOES have a feature for more than one photo. For those who have uploaded several photos, just tap on the right or left of the picture to scroll through them. However, of course many people only have the one photo. Possibly as the multi-photo feature is not obvious ?

The advertising on Hornet was a real pain in the ass, but they seem to have toned it down recently.