App for 90-day address report, etc. - coming "soon"

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dodger

Re: App for 90-day address report, etc. - coming "soon"

Post by Dodger »

Quote from article:
Mr. Pootrakool, Secretary-General at the office of the Prime Minister, said on Wednesday last week that foreigners can use the upcoming app for all immigration reporting.
It was just a matter of time, because this was the only solution available to them.

If they take the right approach (can you hear me snoring), they will, or already have, hire outside software consultants to make this thing work as intended. Just adding an App to handle immigration reporting to their existing operating systems sounds simple, but there will definitely be major operating systems upgrades needed as well. Considering the volume of traffic (data input) this App would be supporting, and the internal tasks of reviewing and filing these data, the training (immigration operations) alone would typically require 12 months for this size of a project. Having said that, if they release this new App for public use in a few weeks, or even months, we shouldn't expect it to function as required.

I'm not one for spending too much time dwelling in the past, BUT, if they would have upgraded the Immigration Operating Systems and had the required Apps installed 10 years ago, they would know how many expats actually reside in Thailand, and be able to track overstayers effectively. They certainly dug a deep the hole for themselves, and created enormous amounts of chaos and confusion for the expat community in the process. Hopefully they'll get it right this time.

If they always do what they always did - they'll always get what they always got.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

This is the app. for IOS:

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

It is also available now for Android smartphones. I downloaded it, registered, and it seems to work just fine. For now, you can do the 90-day address report with it, but nothing else. Perhaps other things will be available later, but at least we can finally do the 90-day address report online rather than having to go to immigration.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Thanks for posts. Fingers crossed they will add more service AND the ones they offer will work properly.
daherk

Post by daherk »

What is the website please?
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

daherk wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:45 pm What is the website please?
If using an iPhone (IOS), you would get from Apple App store which is an app available on iPhones & iPads - it would help if someone posts the exact name of the App so it can be easier to find using the search feature.

For Android, not sure, but I think it is Google Play Store - should be on Android phones.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:03 pm For Android, not sure, but I think it is Google Play Store - should be on Android phones.
Yes, for Android phones it's on the Google Play Store.

Open the Google Play Store, then do a search for: immigration eservices
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:23 pm Yes, for Android phones it's on the Google Play Store.

Open the Google Play Store, then do a search for: immigration eservices
Thanks GB. I used the same search (immigration eservices) at the App Store for my iPhone, downloaded it, and registered successfully. I noted that the App that came up had a place to check if wanting it for iPad.

Next phase - will it work :o - I just did my 90 day (well, the bf took passport to Immigration and did it for me as usual), so will not need to try it just yet. I'm sure all of us will be interested in any reports of successfully using it (or not).
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:17 am Next phase - will it work
I think it will work. It looks like they've finally got it right this time and they found someone who knows what he's doing for creating the app.

I didn't wade through all the rules, but I did see that they will send a notification that they have accepted the 90-day address report. For that reason, I'm going to submit mine a week in advance the first time to see how long it takes to receive the acceptance. In case I haven't received it by the time I'm supposed to submit the report, I can just go to immigration and submit it there as usual.

Hopefully this will eliminate those trips to immigration to submit those reports. I didn't see whether the acceptance notification will include something that has to be printed out and attached to the passport. It would make sense that some sort of proof has to be placed in the passport, but we'll see.

By the way, don't forget to log out of the app - top right of the screen - so that their end doesn't get jammed up and cause problems trying to submit the report.

I have a feeling immigration will add additional functions once they see that everything is working well. I think we all would be pleased if the only time a trip to immigration is necessary is getting the visa extension, residence certificate, or reentry permit. Maybe one of these days they'll be able to do something with those online too, but for now I'm happy we at least won't have to go to immigration to submit those reports anymore.
richsilver

Post by richsilver »

It didn't work for me. I successfully registered, but when I went to do the 90-day report, which is due next week, after I entered much of the same information that I had just entered to register (much to my annoyance), I got an error message. It was a wasted 20 minutes!