Figure Skating--French Grand Prix Event

Captain Swing

Figure Skating--French Grand Prix Event

Post by Captain Swing »

Did anyone watch this event this weekend? Nathan Chen won easily, his eighth Grand Prix victory in a row, which no one has done in years. I think he hasn't lost since the Olympics last year. Yuzuro Hanyu wasn't there. It was a complete disaster for my fave Shoma Uno, who fell badly five times and finished eighth, his worst performance as an adult He currently has no coach, and it was, to me, heartbreaking to see him sitting alone, his face covered with tears, as he awaited his scores. He was quoted as saying "I wouldn't have cried had it not been for all the cheering." He knew how much had let everyone--and himself--down. I hope he gets a new coach, or returns to his old one, soon and is able to put his career back together. He's only 21 and still young enough to do so. Maybe I exaggerate--he won in Finland a month or so ago--but it was really a sad performance this week.
(I never heard of any of the other skaters there.)
werner99

Re: Figure Skating--French Grand Prix Event

Post by werner99 »

Captain Swing wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:12 pm his face covered with tears, as he awaited his scores. He was quoted as saying "I wouldn't have cried had it not been for all the cheering."
I cannot stand these cry babies, such as Shoma Uno.

Hanyu Yuzuru and Nathan Chen are tough, even when they fall on their asses.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

I started following men's figure again with the success of Yuzuru Hanyu. He is absolutely adorable, like a porcelain doll and with a butt to die for. Little Shoma Uno needs to get his act together and reportedly is difficult to work with and remains in Yuzuru's shadow. Not sure if Yuzuru (24) will still be competitive for the next Olympics in 2022, probably up to Nathan Chen's to lose if he doesn't botch it again.
werner99

Post by werner99 »

Up2u wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:26 am Yuzuru Hanyu . . .is absolutely adorable, like a porcelain doll and with a butt to die for.
Yes, Yuzuru Hanyu is gorgeous, but is he really like a "porcelain doll"? This simile does not seem appropriate.

Hanyu has a beautiful, sensual body, and he is very sexy when he is sweaty after a performance.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

werner99 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:44 pm
Up2u wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:26 am Yuzuru Hanyu . . .is absolutely adorable, like a porcelain doll and with a butt to die for.
Yes, Yuzuru Hanyu is gorgeous, but is he really like a "porcelain doll"? This simile does not seem appropriate.

Hanyu has a beautiful, sensual body, and he is very sexy when he is sweaty after a performance.
I was referring more to his clear, beautiful, "porcelain-like" complexion. You are right he is sexy when he sweats and those skin-tight pants cling to his butt.

https://www.google.com/search?q=yuzuru+ ... B2gxWj-vnM
werner99

Post by werner99 »

Up2u wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:26 am You are right he is sexy when he sweats and those skin-tight pants cling to his butt.
I think Yuzuru Hanyu is especially sexy at the end of his performances -- when his face is sweaty and he is panting a bit.

His whole body is gorgeous, not just his butt.

Hanyu epitomizes male beauty.