Retirement extension

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Retirement extension

Post by Gaybutton »

Smiles wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:22 pm is this happening now in Pattaya?
In Pattaya, for a long time now, if the receipt for the 90-day report that they staple into the passport has a barcode, they just scan the barcode, a new receipt is printed out, and they replace the old receipt with the new one. That's all there is to it. If you don't have a bunch of people ahead of you, you're in and out of immigration in about 3 minutes.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Although there are many reports on Thaivisa.com of folks continuing to be able to transfer funds using the domestic ACH transfer through the Bangkok Bank NY Branch, they have now drawn another "line in the sand" - I rec'd this email yesterday from Khun W. at Bangkok Bank HQ on the latest:
Dear Khun ___________,

I trust this message finds your well.

Just a short note to update the US Direct Deposit transfers via BBL NYB;

In order to BBL NYB to fully comply with the corrective actions for those customer who receives IAT transactions / International ACH do not have to take any actions and continue to receive their payment via BBL NYB and for a Non-IAT transactions, BBL NYB will start returning the Non-IAT (ACH) coming from Paypal and Amazon and other e-Commerce with effective from Monday, October 21, 2019. The target date to return each type of ACH are as follows:

1. Amazon and Paypal and other e-Commerce from 21 October, 2019.

2. AC Transfers (Internet Banking) from 1 November, 2019

3. Private Pension from 1 December, 2019.

4. All other Non-IAT including Government payment from 1 January, 2020.

The customers may seek the other alternative ways to transfer money from US.

· Thai Baht Remittance Services from BBL NYB or

· Transfers via SWIFT or

· Other transfer options

I trust the above details helpful.

Best regards,

W___________ S___________
Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited
Global Payment Services Department
333 Silom Road, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500 Thailand
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

3. Private Pension from 1 December, 2019.

4. All other Non-IAT including Government payment from 1 January, 2020
Thank you 2lz2p.

For those who have not already done so, if you're going to be affected I suggest trying TransferWise. My pension is direct deposited into my Thai bank account reliably every month. The fee is about the same as I had been paying Bangkok Bank New York, and I actually get a much better exchange rate than the bank published rates. I have been very pleased with it and I believe so has everyone else who has been using TransferWise. If you need any help with it, the response from their support staff is very quick, usually within just a few hours.

For those who need to show that your money is transferred into your account from abroad, TransferWise offers an option to reflect that.

TrasnsferWise will provide you with a bank name, account number, and routing number. If you have been receiving direct deposits via Bangkok Bank, all you need to do is change to the account TransferWise will provide. It's very simple. And since Bangkok Bank's changes will be taking place very soon, I suggest you act NOW, so that you will be able to continue receiving your money uninterrupted.

https://transferwise.com/