Eros to reopen soon in Boystown

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Eros to reopen soon in Boystown

Post by Gaybutton »

I've moved this topic off the Announcements and into the standard topics. If the new Eros bar does finally open or if we get some sort of definitive word, I'll put the topic back under Announcements. But I think Eros has had ample time to at least tell us something beyond simply announcing plans to reopen "soon" in Boystown.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Still not a word and I have not been able to get any further information. If anyone has any information, please post.

I think it is odd, to say the least, that the owner would post about this on September 23 and more than a month later tell us nothing. Even if the plans for some reason fell through, we should have been informed.

I'm sorry, but telling us "opening soon" and nearly 6 weeks later still not opened and still no information is not my concept of "soon."
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:30 am I'm sorry, but telling us "opening soon" and nearly 6 weeks later still not opened and still no information is not my concept of "soon."
Ahh, but this is Thailand. Reminds me of when I used to vacation in Mexico before discovering Thailand, being told at a Gay hotel that they temporarily didn't have running water, but would have "mañana" (tomorrow) -- however, in Mexican Spanish, "mañana" actually means "sometime after today." :?
ceejay

Post by ceejay »

I'm sure I'll take you with pleasure!" the Queen said. "Two pence a week, and jam every other day."
Alice couldn't help laughing, as she said, "I don't want you to hire me – and I don't care for jam."
"It's very good jam," said the Queen.
"Well, I don't want any to-day, at any rate."
"You couldn't have it if you did want it," the Queen said. "The rule is, jam to-morrow and jam yesterday – but never jam to-day."
"It must come sometimes to 'jam to-day'," Alice objected.
"No, it can't," said the Queen. "It's jam every other day: to-day isn't any other day, you know."
"I don't understand you," said Alice. "It's dreadfully confusing!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

ceejay wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:10 pm "I don't understand you," said Alice. "It's dreadfully confusing!
So is that post . . .
SP55

Post by SP55 »

I didn't believe it then and still don't believe it. If he/they didn't have what it takes to run a small bar in Sunee I don't believe it will be easier in Boyztown.

Btw, do Gaybutton know for sure that the account on this board really is the old owner of Eros so it really was him that made the statement about the "soon reopening"?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

SP55 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:32 pm Btw, do Gaybutton know for sure that the account on this board really is the old owner of Eros
Yes, I do know and I checked to make the post really is from his account - unless he gave his password to someone else and that person posted as a hoax. That would be extremely unlikely. Even if that actually happened or someone managed to get his password without his knowledge or consent, he could still easily contact me by Email and inform me.

I don't believe it was a hoax post. I fail to see how that could give pleasure to someone, but then these boards do have a way of attracting total wackos every so often.

Your statement about him not having what it takes to run a bar in Sunee does not make sense to me considering the number of years Eros was a great success and was one of the most recent to close. His problem was the same problem that happened to so many of the bars in Sunee Plaza - customers stopped coming to Pattaya. That was certainly beyond his control.

Whether he ever does open in Boyztown, whether it will be the same format, and whether it will succeed remains to be seen. However, I wish he would tell us something, even if it's to tell us the plans fell through or he simply changed his mind.

In the meantime, I'm wondering what happened to the boys who had been working at Eros. I know one is now working with his sister in a shop in Pattaya and another returned to his hometown. Other than that, I have no idea.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Why all the conjecture, if it opens it opens if it doesn’t it doesn’t :?:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:02 pm His problem was the same problem that happened to so many of the bars in Sunee Plaza - customers stopped coming to Pattaya. That was certainly beyond his control.

In the meantime, I'm wondering what happened to the boys who had been working at Eros. I know one is now working with his sister in a shop in Pattaya and another returned to his hometown. Other than that, I have no idea.
As a frequent customer to that bar during it's last years I say that you are wrong and that was not at all "beyond his control". There were plenty of potential customers entering the bar. The problem was that they turned around at the door and left. Why they did that has been discussed earlier.

Regarding the Eros boys they have tried different bars. A few of them tried Dreamboys but quickly realized this wasn't a bar for them. Ray/Lay worked some time at Winnerboys but seems to have relocated to Euroboys now. About 4 of them sporadically shows up at Sunbar in Jomtien as freelancers. On my latest visit to Nice boys I saw another Eros boy working there. I am surprised only one relocated to that bar since it's the closest to Eros business model.
All of them I have talked to complain that they don't earn as much anymore as they did in Eros. 0 of them had heard anything about Eros to reopen.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

SP55 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:46 pm 0 of them had heard anything about Eros to reopen.
If Eros does reopen, did any of those boys say whether they would work there?