Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

Captain Kirk

Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

Post by Captain Kirk »

Up2u wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:23 am
Captain Kirk wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:46 pm I'm hearing Hillary might run again. You think it's likely? Farcical if it is. Would just show how desperate she is get the title.
And what little birdie tweeted this to you?
Maybe jumped the gun a bit with it. I have links to UK newspaper websites on my laptop and the headlines pop up on my screen when the stories come in. I saw the headline "Hillary WILL stand in 2020 election" but didn't read the story. Turns out it's just an opinion from Steve Bannon based on her being in the media a lot recently. He reckons Biden will be sacrificed in the mess with Trump and the Dems may throw their weight behind HC. Just Bannon's musings rather than anything else.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Former President Jimmy Carter has some excellent advice for Trump. "Tell the truth . . . . . for a change."

Of course, does anyone actually expect Trump to follow that advice?

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

This just keeps getting better and better. The two Giuliani associates who were just arrested on charges of orchestrating illegal contributions to the Trump campaign are Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman.

Trump denies knowing them. Really? Here's a photo of Trump with Igor Fruman:

And Giuliani is Trump's personal lawyer. I guess Trump can't consult his other personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, since Cohen is already in prison. And let's not forget Mr. Manafort. Giuliani himself may be in serious trouble over this too. Who will become Trump's next personal lawyer if Giuliani ends up fired or in prison himself? Does Giuliani think Trump would hesitate for a second to stab him in the back if it suits his purposes?

What lawyer would even want to work for Trump? I wonder if they have noticed how many people who worked for Trump ended up discredited, fired, in jail, or their lives simply turned to shit. Maybe all those positions Trump never even bothered to fill is a good thing. I can't help but wonder what probably would have happened to anyone who might have filled those vacant positions.

Sorry, Mr. President, but maybe you are familiar with that old saying: "Too many crooks, spoil the pot . . ."

The corruption that took place during Richard Nixon's administration pales in comparison to what is, and has been, going on in the Trump administration even before Trump ever took office.

We have a blatant criminal in the White House and the Republicans want to prevent steps to throw him out of office? I hope every one of them get voted out of office for supporting this corrupt mentally ill maniac. For sure, none of them would ever get my vote. When it comes to people in positions of making our laws and upholding the Constitution, why do I think maybe the country can do better . . . ?

"And made my life excrement for having walked with them."
- Burt Lancaster (Ernst Janning), 'Judgment at Nuremberg'
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

In my post above I wrote, "Does Giuliani think Trump would hesitate for a second to stab him in the back if it suits his purposes?"

Trump was asked if Giuliani is still his attorney. Trump's response: "I don't know."

There are other indications Trump is starting to try to distance himself from Giuliani. If offered a job, anybody want to work for Trump . . . ?
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:38 pm If offered a job, anybody want to work for Trump . . . ?
I'll ask what they would - How much?
Jun

Post by Jun »

Captain Kirk wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:04 am I'll ask what they would - How much?
Yes, as long as the pay is high enough and maybe the fees for the book afterwards ?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Nancy Pelosi published the following fact sheet. I'm sorry I can't print it here with the proper formatting, but here it is:

THE SHAKEDOWN
“Do us a favor though
” – President Trump

O n September 25, the White House released a record of President Trump’s call with
Ukrainian President Zelensky, which paints a damning picture of Trump abusing
his office by pressing a foreign government to interfere in our 2020 elections.

President Trump has betrayed his oath of office, betrayed our national security and be-
trayed the integrity of our elections for his own personal political gain.

In President Trump’s own words:
“I will say that we do a lot for Ukraine
. I wouldn’t say that it’s reciprocal neces-
sarily because things are happening that are not good but the United States has been
very very good to Ukraine.”

“I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a
lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it.”

“There’s a lot of talk about Biden’s son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a
lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney
General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution
so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me.”

“I will have Mr. Giuliani give you a call and I am also going to have Attorney General
Barr call and we will get to the bottom of it. I’m sure you will figure it out.”

the Pressure Campaign
“As I said on the phone, I think it’s crazy to withhold security assis-
tance for help with a political campaign.”
– U.S. Ambassador Bill Taylor

I n recent weeks, the nation has learned more about how President Trump abused the
power of the presidency by using multiple levers of government – from Vice President
Pence to the State Department, including Secretary Mike Pompeo, Ambassador Gordon
Sondland, and Ambassador Kurt Volker – to advance a scheme to undermine our 2020
elections for his political gain, and then to obstruct the congressional inquiry into that
scheme.

Vice President Pence is entangled in this scandal. According to press reports, in Sep-
tember, Pence met with Ukrainian President Zelensky in Poland and “conveyed the news
that hundreds of millions of dollars in U.S. aid to Ukraine was not going to be released
amid concerns about the country’s lagging efforts to combat corruption.” The withhol-
ding of aid may have been an effort to pressure Ukraine into announcing investigations
into President Trump’s 2020 political rival to help the president’s reelection.
Secretary Pompeo was a fact witness to President Trump’s stunning abuse of power.
The Secretary listened to the July 25 phone call between President Trump and President
Zelensky in which Trump pressed the Ukrainian leader to interfere in our 2020 election
by opening these sham investigations. Secretary Pompeo appears to have said nothing to
stop President Trump from this inappropriate pressure campaign.

Text messages between Ambassadors Kurt Volker, Gordon Sondland and Bill Taylor
paint the picture of a President who waged a months-long pressure campaign to shake
down Ukraine for his own personal political gain, potentially using a White House pre-
sidential visit and critical military assistance to Ukraine as leverage:

THE TEXT MESSAGES BETWEEN U.S. OFFICIALS:
State Department officials discuss a White House visit in exchange for a Ukraine
statement:

[8/9/19, 5:35:53 PM] Gordon Sondland: Morrison ready to get dates as soon as Yermak
confirms.

[8/9/19, 5:46:21 PM] Kurt Volker: Excellent!!! How did you sway him? :)

[8/9/19, 5: 47:34 PM] Gordon Sondland: Not sure i did. I think potus really wants the
deliverable.

Concerns About Ukraine Becoming an “Instrument” in U.S. Politics:

[7/21/19, 1:45:54 AM] Bill Taylor: Gordon, one thing Kurt and I talked about yesterday
was Sasha Danyliuk’s point that President Zelenskyy is sensitive about Ukraine being
taken seriously, not merely as an instrument in Washington domestic, reelection politics.

[7/21/19, 4:45:44 AM] Gordon Sondland: Absolutely, but we need to get the conversa-
tion started and the relationship built, irrespective of the pretext. I am worried about the
alternative.

Ambassador Taylor Sought Clarification and Expressed Concerns About Withhol-
ding U.S. Military Assistance in Exchange for Launching an Investigation:

[9/1/19, 12:08:57 PM] Bill Taylor: Are we now saying that security assistance and WH
meeting are conditioned on investigations?

[9/1/19, 12:42:29 PM] Gordon Sondland: Call me

[9/9/19, 12:37:16 AM] Gordon Sondland: Bill, I never said I was “right”. I said we
are where we are and believe we have identified the best pathway forward. Lets hope it
works.

[9/9/19, 12:47:11 AM] Bill Taylor: As I said on the phone, I think it’s crazy to withhold
security assistance for help with a political campaign.

the cover up
“The President of the United States is using the power of his office to
solicit interference from a foreign country in the 2020 U.S. election

I am concerned these actions pose risks to U.S. national security...”
– Unclassified Whistleblower Complaint

O n September 26, the House Intelligence Committee released the redacted version of
a whistleblower complaint filed with the Intelligence Community Inspector vGene-
ral, which the IG found to be of “urgent concern” and “credible.”

The White House’s record of the July 25 presidential call between Presidents Trump
and Zelensky corroborates allegations made in the whistleblower complaint, in particu-
lar that President Trump betrayed his oath of office by using the U.S. government and
outside actors to advance his scheme to shake down the Ukrainian government to inter-
fere in the 2020 elections.

The whistleblower complaint states:
“I have received information from multiple U.S. Government officials that the Pre-
sident of the United States is using the power of his office to solicit interference
from a foreign country in the 2020 U.S. election.
The President’ s personal
lawyer, Mr. Rudolph Giuliani, is a central figure in this effort. Attorney General
Barr appears to be involved as well.”

“I am also concerned that these actions pose risks to U.S. national security and
undermine the U.S. Government’s efforts to deter and counter foreign interference
in U.S. elections.”

“[S]enior White House officials had intervened to ‘lock down’ all records of the
phone call, especially the official word-for-word transcript of the call
the trans-
cript was loaded into a separate electronic system
used to store and handle clas-
sified information of an especially sensitive nature.”

“One White House official described this act as an abuse of this electronic system
because the call did not contain anything remotely sensitive from a national security
perspective.”
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Here's a perfect example of how Republicans think. A typical response is to try to talk over the reporters and evade the question.

This guy is a Congressman? Is he the best his district can do? I'm glad I don't live there.