Elon Musk

gera

Elon Musk

Post by gera »

I cannot find right now, but I recall there was a thread here about Elon Musk as a bad businessman. Yesterday, Tesla stock jumped 17 per cent on fantastic quarter results. New Tesla plant in Shanghai is up and running (and fully owned by Tesla) after just six months since the beginning of construction. Dragon crew is about to have the first manned flight (first among private companies). And more generally Space X rocket technology is simply the best. Bad businessman? i do not think so.
gera

Re: Elon Musk

Post by gera »

fedssocr1 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:55 am watching the Science Channel doc right now. Sadly they waste precious time talking about self-promoter Elon Musk's completely impractical and unusable ideas. And their account of how the rescue was done is fairly inaccurate. In their rush to get this on the air they are claiming the original plan was used...which we now know was abandoned in favor of knocking the boys out and pulling them out in a plastic cocoon. The Washington Post article notes that they even didn't bother with the two divers per boy plan since they decided having the second diver didn't add anything.
Example of Musk bashing.
Captain Kirk

Re: Elon Musk

Post by Captain Kirk »

gera wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:19 pm Example of Musk bashing.
Don't see anything there regarding his business prowess. I do recall him acting like a total arsehole at the time of that rescue and that is how I choose to characterise the guy. Don't give a fuck how much money he has, he's an arsehole.