1 week Pattaya

Anything and everything about Thailand
Captain Kirk

Re: 1 week Pattaya

Post by Captain Kirk »

Undaunted wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:16 am
Captain Kirk wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:09 am The worst excesses of cheapness I find can happen in the bars. Calling a boy over, having company and a good fondle for half an hour to an hour before handing over 50B is quite common in my experience.

So who's a cheapskate? Probably all of us.
Speak for yourself! If I have a boy sit with me first I buy us both a drink then, as I have taken him off the stage and unavailable for the time he spends with me, he gets 100 baht.
My comments were not meant to be an indication of what I give the boys, simply what I have seen for myself. nor were they meant as a pissing contest on who pays what. I do though also recall comments on the forums over the years by guys complaining that some tourists come along for a fortnight pay too much and make it more expensive for the expats. The point was that we head over there to get it cheaper, ergo we are really all cheapskates to some extent. For what it's worth I don't recall giving a boy any less than 200B for his time in a bar (generally the time it takes me to have a drink and leave). If I hang around for an hour or so he'd get 500B. Short time off 1500B and overnight 2500B. If I've got one back to the hotel then find out it's a waste of time or we just ain't hitting it off or he starts with any kind of drama it's 1000B and go away.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Captain Kirk wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:45 pm My comments were not meant to be an indication of what I give the boys, simply what I have seen for myself.
Yes, but people posting seem to want to make sure everybody else knows how much they are giving. I don't see much point in trying to justify how much anyone is giving to the boys. What gets to me is when people try to justify how little they get away with giving to the boys. I'm glad no one on this board seems to be that type.

Meanwhile, I also see no reason to give too much to the boys. To me, that is not generosity. It is more like ego satisfaction.

I think the main point is making people aware of the minimum amount appropriate to give to the boys. If someone wants to give more than that, wonderful. But I also think it's a mistake to excessively overdo it.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Captain Kirk wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:45 pm If I hang around for an hour or so he'd get 500B. Short time off 1500B and overnight 2500B. If I've got one back to the hotel then find out it's a waste of time or we just ain't hitting it off or he starts with any kind of drama it's 1000B and go away.
Pattaya prices.
I don't sit with anyone for long, either he gets offed or I move on. I tip 100~150. The 100 would be for less than 10 minutes.
Short time 1000~1300. Typically 1200. Anyone who gets 1000 has disappointed.
Long time 2000, perhaps a 200 less if well below average.

I don't believe in rewarding people for causing drama, as that may become a more common business model which we all have to deal with. In Europe I had one whose attitude changed the moment he walked into my rented apartment. He refused to undress, so was ejected through the door within 5 minutes for zero Euros. No way will I pay some scammer like that to leave.

This is not a common problem in Thailand.
Some years ago I had an off from Happy Boys who sat on the bed like a sack of spuds. I sent him away within 5 minutes for 500 baht, which he seemed happy with. I should have avoided this, as he was as friendly as anything up to the point where I agreed to off him, then the attitude changed.
Arguably paying in excess of the daily minimum wage is too much for no service, but I figured it's the path of least resistance.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Today I had a dud which admittedly is rare, but over the many years here I know it is best to avoid any drama so he got the agreed amount and was swiftly sent on his way.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:43 pm he got the agreed amount and was swiftly sent on his way.
I think that is the best thing to do. That way you avoid any arguments. When it's a dud, I would also just give him what I agreed to give him and not take him again. That's not going to break the bank. Again, the only reason I would give him less, or perhaps give him nothing, is if he obviously lied to me. Getting into arguments usually doesn't end well.

I also quickly get rid of them if the first thing they do is turn on the TV and pay little or no attention to me. Sorry, but I didn't take him off so that he could spend his time (and my money) watching Sesame Street.

One time, years ago before I lived in Thailand, I took a boy off. Almost as soon as we were out the door of the bar he said he has to do something quickly and will meet me at the hotel in 15 minutes. I was a bit surprised, but being pretty much a newbie I said ok. More than 2 hours later he finally showed up and tried to give me some lame excuses. Do I need to post whether I had him stay or whether he got any money out of me? I might have been a newbie, but not that much of a newbie . . .
Jun

Post by Jun »

Undaunted wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:43 pm Today I had a dud which admittedly is rare, but over the many years here I know it is best to avoid any drama so he got the agreed amount and was swiftly sent on his way.
If hooking up on an app, I usually specify what's required to earn the tip. Then once it's agreed, "No XYZ, no tip".
Usually these terms are accepted, but last year I had one in Cambodia who said he could do everything. We went through it X, Y, Z and he said yes every time. Then at the end, I said you get the tip if you do X, Y and Z. If no X, Y and Z, no tip. He backed out at this point.

[Admittedly I was being very careful here, as the previous off in Cambodia was having language problems during our phone app discussion. In the absence of many other choices, I went ahead. Anyhow, when he turned up, he was studying English at University and spoke good English. He was a dud who didn't want to do much & I presume the poor English on the app was just a cover to avoid making commitments. Lesson re-learnt.]

In Bangkok, I had one who was starting off as something of a dud and I reminded him of what was agreed to earn the tip and he perked up markedly from that point onwards.

Tipping someone for service is normal and part of the deal. However, I try as hard as possible not to get into a situation where I have to pay people who have no intention of fulfilling their part of the deal.

Incidentally, I believe GayGuides and Sawatdee have members only forums for reviewing your dates. These don't tend to get used much, but in an ideal world, they would get more use, particularly for reviewing the good ones and also the minority who just expect to get paid for showing up.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:17 pm However, I try as hard as possible not to get into a situation where I have to pay people who have no intention of fulfilling their part of the deal.
That's right. As I said, if they lie, they get nothing.

I don't like date reviews and I rarely will read any of them. I don't want to know who had the boy before I did, even if it's only a screen name. I also would never pay attention to date reviews. How a boy might have behaved with someone else does not mean that's the way he's going to behave with me. A date review obviously is one-sided. If the boy turned out to be, shall we say - less than expected, what we're not going to know is why the boy behaved that way. If I find a boy attractive and want to take him off, I'll judge for myself. That's why on this board I don't have a section for date reviews and have no intention of ever establishing one.
atri1666

Post by atri1666 »

Sit in the lobby and wait for limousine from Cherry Taxi. Fare again 1000 bht. Will stay here again if I return. Time to say goodbye
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:24 pm I also would never pay attention to date reviews.
I read date reviews, but think they need to be filtered by the reader. There are a whole range of reasons why I might get different results to whoever posted the review, either better or worse. Also, I have met the same guy twice in the same week and had markedly different results, due to his drug consumption & other factors (which might include my behaviour, his mood, his plans for the evening etc).

However, if someone who I consider to be a reliable source has a very bad experience, I am very likely to act upon that review.

I'm also NOT suggesting or requesting a forum for boy reviews is added here. The other two forums have that and these sub-forums are not used particularly frequently. So if anyone is interested in such content, it probably makes more sense to build up a sensible quantity of reviews on one of the other two forums, rather than spread it thinly.
There are plenty of things this forum does well & it's relatively active at present.
Jun

Post by Jun »

atri1666 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:35 amSit in the lobby and wait for limousine from Cherry Taxi. Fare again 1000 bht.
How was Cherry Taxi ? Did they show up on time, go straight to the airport and provide a reasonable car ?

I had used Mr Toom for a few years, also at 1000 baht. However, they kept sending ancient cars with whining axles and I had drivers stop twice en route, once to refuel and once for a pee.
So I switched to The Limo Pattaya, who send much better cars and go straight to the airport, for ~1200 baht. If I need to make a flight that cost several hundred pounds, paying an extra 200 baht for a taxi which doesn't feel like it will break down any minute seems like the way to go.

If Cherry Taxi provides a decent service, I might use them in future.