The Changing Face of Pattaya

Anything and everything about Thailand
billyhouston

Re: The Changing Face of Pattaya

Post by billyhouston »

gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Oliver wrote:That's on my walking-route from Boyztown to Sunee ...usually between 2230 and midnight, after which I take a motor-cy taxi through deserted streets- until we join the traffic in 2nd Road.
At what time I can see this spectacle for myself? I'm obviously missing something of immense importance judging from its frequent appearance on this board...if not on others.
It's also on my route walking back from Boyztown to Sunee or my Condo nearby. I won't be intimidated by these scum.
However I do wonder how much their presence has stopped others from visiting Sunee Plaza?

The whole of the plaza is now surrounded by them and no matter which route you take you have to put up with their behaviour.

It must be contributing to the decline of the plaza....

As for your question of timing...anytime between 8 or 9 pm until 6 in the morning.
Enjoy your "spectacle"...
Undaunted

Re: The Changing Face of Pattaya/Thailand

Post by Undaunted »

I have lived here many years and have witnessed different waves of tourists from Russians to Arabs to Chinese and now Indians:

https://www.pattayaone.news/why-indian- ... -thailand/
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:25 am Tourist void filled by Indians
They're not driving around on motorbikes like maniacs, causing traffic jams on tour buses, have groups of women in the gay go-go bars, or are in need of pamphlets explaining how to behave. I've never encountered any problems of any kind with Indians. If they are filling the tourist void, fine with me.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

From my experience, Indians are very cultured respectful people. There is a joke about an Indian who goes into a bank to rob it. He tells the teller. :Would you be so kind as to put all the money in a bag for me. I am sorry to be robbing you."
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:02 am
Undaunted wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:25 am Tourist void filled by Indians
They're not driving around on motorbikes like maniacs, causing traffic jams on tour buses, have groups of women in the gay go-go bars, or are in need of pamphlets explaining how to behave. I've never encountered any problems of any kind with Indians. If they are filling the tourist void, fine with me.
I have never seen an Indian in any gay venue in Pattaya :!:
I also love Indian food and if memory serves me when I first moved here there was one Indian restaurant “Ali Baba” on Pattaya Klang......Today if you walk along second road almost every block has at least one.

The point GB raises about those fucking Chinese tour buses all over the city creating a traffic nightmare is not lost.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:46 am I have never seen an Indian in any gay venue in Pattaya
Come to think of it, neither have I. I don't think they're particularly interested. Most I've seen travel to Thailand in family groups, so I doubt gay bars are on their priority lists. Having never been to India, I really have no idea about how gay life works in India, if gays are stigmatized, if gay venues exist, or if they do, what the prices are or if boys can be taken off. If Indian men start going to the Thai gay venues, no objection from me.

It's women in the gay venues that bothers me. Maybe it shouldn't, but it does. I can understand women being interested in young men, but displaying that interest in a gay venue does rub me in the wrong way.
gera

Post by gera »

Undaunted wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:46 am I have never seen an Indian in any gay venue in Pattaya
I saw some but I agree very few. Indians have one little privilege in Pattaya. There are always a couple of Bollywood movies in major ciniplex.
I personally do not mind any particular nationality in Pattaya. The problem is with sheer numbers. Thais seem to miss a point that they do not need 34 million tourists who spend very little and stay for so short period of time that do not give a shit about environment. On the contrary 600000-700000
expats spend as much as 17 million of tourists minimum, stay permanently, and do care about the place they live. Big mistake!