Thai civil unions

Anything and everything about Thailand
gera

Thai civil unions

Post by gera »

You may recall that military junta planned to introduce civil unions. I was surprised not to see any news on that. It turns out it probably will be implemented in the beginning of next year. It is also not surprising that Future Forward Party which is probably the most progressive party in Thailand and which has several open LGBT members of parliament wants more:gay marriage.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... sex-unions
2lz2p

Re: Thai civil unions

Post by 2lz2p »

Thanks for the post. Although it is not clear on the exact provisions for a Civil Partnership law, one that was proposed just before the coup, noted that it would apply to a foreigner/Thai partnership, but not to foreigner/foreigner. I would like to see such a law passed (before I do) as I would like to form a recognized civil partnership with my long term Thai bf (a 27 year relationship as of next December) so he would have some legal standing re inheritance and perhaps other matters. Of course he is the beneficiary of my Thai will, so a formal legal partnership might not be necessary, but for me, I would still like to be able to have such.
traveller123

Re: Thai civil unions

Post by traveller123 »

2lz2p wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:21 am I would like to form a recognized civil partnership with my long term Thai bf (a 27 year relationship as of next December) so he would have some legal standing re inheritance and perhaps other matters.
I am in a similar position, my partner and I have a UK registered Civil Partnership and we have Thai wills, but having a registered Thai Civil Partnership would certainly ease my concerns