New Closing Times For Pattaya Nightlife Maybe

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

New Closing Times For Pattaya Nightlife Maybe

Post by Undaunted »

Authorities are seriously considering allowing Pattaya bars etc. to stay open till 4am:

https://www.pattayaone.news/tourism-min ... ideration/
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Re: New Closing Times For Pattaya Nightlife Maybe

Post by Gaybutton »

That's a step in the right direction. I just hope it isn't too little, too late.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:45 pmThat's a step in the right direction.
I'm going to have to disagree. Personally, I would regard allowing bars to stay open until 4:00 am as a step in the wrong direction, due to potential increases in noise in the middle of the night.

The midnight curfew in Laos is about right. If that were applied in Thailand, it still leaves many hours to drink more than enough & find boys. Then in my hotel I could still expect to sleep peacefully without being disturbed at 4:00 am.

I took a short break to Spain a couple of months ago. One of the gay bars was supposed to be popular with working boys, however it opened at 23:00 and apparently didn't get busy until about 1:00 am. In the unlikely event they had a boy I did like, I would be too knackered by the time I got back to my hotel at (say 2:00 am). So I decided not to bother. I prefer the civilised opening hours in Pattaya.
stkyricesf

Post by stkyricesf »

Although the idea is appealing, I'm not sure if it can work anymore at least in Pattaya. It just doesn't have the tourist appeal like it once had. Yes the elders have their memories, but the newbies just don't seem to be coming anymore.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

What happened to making Pattaya become a "family" resort? How many "families" are out and about at 3:00 or 4:00am? Maybe the Addams Family or the Manson Family.

Maybe the powers-that-be are finally figuring out that trying to make Pattaya become a "family" resort just isn't working and the only thing their brilliant fabulous ideas has really done is cause a hell of a lot of people to go out of business. I can't think of a single problem all this over-regulation has actually solved. But I can think of plenty it has caused.

I don't know what others like to do, but at 3:00am there's this weird thing I usually do. I sleep (other than when waking up because I have to pee - another fringe benefit of advancing years).

In any case, while permitting those hours again might turn out to be helpful, I just don't see it attracting enough tourist numbers to keep these venues, gay or straight, everything from bars to restaurants, from going under.
ISAC69

Post by ISAC69 »

Unfortunately damage was already done it will be very difficult to turn to what it was in the past even if they extend the opening hours .
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

ISAC69 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:32 pm Unfortunately damage was already done it will be very difficult to turn to what it was in the past even if they extend the opening hours .
I am not sure about that. Let say venues were able to do this and some of the past sleazy glory would be allowed I bet they would CUM.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:46 pm and some of the past sleazy glory would be allowed I bet they would CUM.
That would be great, but even if that happens again I can only hope it won't be too little, too late.

Let's see how long it takes, or even if, any of this will emerge from the talking about it stage.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

Jun wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:03 amThen in my hotel I could still expect to sleep peacefully without being disturbed at 4:00 am.
That's a question of separating hotel and entertainment areas, or behavior of revelers when they return home, not of closing times.

I sleep before midnight on normal days, and might stay up until 1 or 2 am when out for gogo bars, and 2 or 3 am when out for disco. But that's rather because I didn't find a good reason (i.e. a boy) to return home earlier, not because I enjoy staying up that long.

Years ago, a boy I like called me around midnight, just when I wanted to go to bed, and announced his arrival at 1am. I stayed up and he finally arrived 2am, and after various issues we were in bed 3am. That's when I made a rule "no sex after midnight" and that has served me well.
gera

Post by gera »

Jun wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:03 am Personally, I would regard allowing bars to stay open until 4:00 am as a step in the wrong direction
Relax. It is not going to happen.