Pools in Pattaya

Anything and everything about Thailand
Up2u

Re: Pools in Pattaya

Post by Up2u »

In Jomtien, the VT5c is closed for 4 months for major repairs. All the other VTs (except Vt7) have large, shallow pools for lap swimming. Also Jomtien Beach Condominium has two large pools.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Rocket,

View Talay # 1 (Thrapraya Rd. just before Threprassit Rd.) has a great olympic size pool with decent temperature. It's been a while since I've been there but they used to charge non-residents 100 baht for a towel and a beach chair.

My favorite pool in Pattaya is at the Amari Orchid Hotel on Second Rd. just before you reach the Dusit Resort. Large irregular shaped pool, great ambiance, warm water and a floating bar. They also used to charge non-hotel guests 100 baht for towel and chair...cute waiters too.

You've probably been to Pattaya Park, but in case you haven't, they have the largest circular tidal pool in Pattaya with water slides and lots of eye candy. I could be wrong but I believe the entrance fee is 100-200 baht for the day and well worth it.

Splish...Splash!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Pattaya Park charges 100 baht per person for the whole day. If you want to leave for a while, they'll stamp your hand so you can reenter without being charged again.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

My view Condotel is a short walk from Yensabi condo....it has a huge pool....not sure now but before the entrance fee was 80 baht.

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

rocket wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:38 pm Yeah Undaunted, I have a friend who likes My View, I’ll have to check out that pool. It’s a bit further from Second Road though, might need a bike there.
Rocket, as you said you stay at Yensabai condo. My View is a 5 minute walk.
werner99

Post by werner99 »

And how about good pools in Bangkok?

I sometimes stay at the Pinnacle in Bangkok, but their pool is a joke!
colmx

Post by colmx »

Undaunted wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:45 am My view Condotel is a short walk from Yensabi condo....it has a huge pool....not sure now but before the entrance fee was 80 baht.
The MyView pool had an upgrade in the last 1.5 years and they have stopped doing the dive training there now
AFAIK it's a salt water pool (not sure if that makes any difference to any decisions)
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

On the Baan Suay topic I mentioned the pool. You don't have to stay there to use the pool. I don't know the fee, can't be much and I recall seeing adds for a special on Wednesday's that came with a pool side drink. It's a large pool and deeper than most hotel/condo pools. It's billed as a salt pool but perhaps just lightly salted.

On Second Road across from Central Marina is Siam@Siam. The pool is on two floors on the roof. Again, you don't have to stay there to use the pool. I don't know the fee, perhaps more on weekends. Live jazz on Sunday. There's good food and drinks served pool side. Happy hour is now 4pm to 5pm.

What about Sansuk Sauna? It looks small from the photos. I like that swimsuits are optional. I don't know why Baan Suay does not have the same policy. Free willy.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Trongpai wrote: What about Sansuk Sauna? It looks small from the photos. I like that swimsuits are optional. I don't know why Baan Suay does not have the same policy. Free willy.
Yes by all means “Free Willy’ providing it is relatively young and in shape :!:
Restrictions need to be strictly enforced :

traveller123

Post by traveller123 »

I don't want to be showing off my 72 year old willy