Finding Mr. Right - If You're So Inclined

Anything and everything about Thailand
TomUK

Re: Finding Mr. Right - If You're So Inclined

Post by TomUK »

Dodger wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:19 pm From the minute I entered the village I had this overwhelming feeling of “love” which is difficult, if not impossible for me to describe.
Dodger

Thank you for sharing this story.

I have got a similar experience when I go to my village in Roi Et. I can't really explain it, but every time I arrive at the village I feel like coming home. My friend's grandmother gives me a big hug and she is usually in tears when I leave again. She always asks my friend when is Poo Yai coming back.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Mom also say, "No matter how much he send, it not enough . . ."
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

I don't want to get too long-winded about this (as I usually do), but one of the things I wanted to learn about when interacting with boys on the dating apps was the status of their family for this very reason.

I asked very simple questions like: What do you do for a living? What does your mother and father do for a living? Do you have any brothers or sisters? Do you still live at home?

Sometimes I'd get straight answers, and sometimes I wouldn't. Those who wouldn't answer these questions were off my list. Those who said their fathers had left when they were young and they were raised by their mothers and/or grandmothers and they still lived at home, were in the majority. I found that 80% of the boys I interacted with from the Isaan region fell in this category.

I was interested in meeting someone who at least had some sort of job (regardless of the actual income), self-motivated, 100% gay, and also, as I find myself hesitating to say this, with a slim build and a big cock. A pretty tall order, but I was in no hurry and there are literally thousands of boys on the various apps scattered across the Kingdom, and all I needed was one.

Thais place their obligation to their mothers as a number one priority, and assisting the boy in providing some sort of financial assistance to help make life a bit easier for mom just comes with the territory. Some boys use the "mom needs help" ploy just as a means of draining a farangs bank account, and others don't. Earlier in this thread I mentioned the importance of giving relationships time before making any concrete decisions. I went on the say that I felt 2 years is suitable for this purpose. If the boy is sincere and honestly likes being with you for the right reasons, then he won't use the "mom" ploy, and simply be content sending a few thousand baht to his mom each month, which is very reasonable and understandable. If he starts coming up with the "mom needs help again fairy tales", just cut him loose.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

When he did not call the next day, I phoned him. No reply. I looked at his app page. It was no longer there. None of my calls or messages ever received a reply. He totally vanished - and I had absolutely no idea why!
The boy never showed up at the airport. My friend tried to call him. No answer.
There are several reasons why communication breaks off, and with low class boys the main reasons is telephone broken/stolen/lost/no money for data.

With boys I want to see again, I try to establish several ways of communication (online dating, line, phone number, facebook), but keep in mind online dating and phone number are on the same mobile device, so if that is lost/stolen/broken, neither will work.

Facebook is better, because many use it from internet cafe as well, so they cannot lose/break the device. But they can forget their access data or get blocked from facebook.

The best is to know where a boy works or lives, or be in contact with his friends.

One low-class boy I really liked, I lost all contact with him in 2016 ?, but remembered he lived in Sukhumvit Soi xx (several hundred meter long) and was short of going there with a picture of him and asking people. (1) But then I remembered that he once called from a friend's phone, and found that number (2) and called the friend and could establish contact. We got together a few more times, but then I lost interest over his unreliability, difficulty to contact, money problems.

(1) Once in my room, we had a look at google street view and he showed me his place in Ayutthaya. In the course of sightseeing, I went there and asked people, but he had moved elsewhere and they didn't know where or have his phone number.

(2) Organization is important, I take calls from unknown number and save them, in this case "Top friend 23may2016"
Dimsumbear

Post by Dimsumbear »

Christianpfc you must have liked this boy so much to jump through loops like that. Too bad it didn’t work out
T-4-2

Post by T-4-2 »

Jun wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:57 pm Might it be possible to transfer the "boy" topic to a new thread please ?
As I raised the topic within the topic I would like to say some final words to it. My thai partner is 33 and would not like to be reffered as a 'boy'. And guys in the 30's call themselves 'boy' want to make them look young and that is it. No reasonable ppl in their 30s or 40s would like to be called 'boy' as far as I can see. All I tried is give a hint and make some ppl. think about the expression 'boy' and whether it feels disrespectful or not. There were some very good postings explaining in detail while it actually is. Why not learn something new? To old for that 'old boys'?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:57 pm Might it be possible to transfer the "boy" topic to a new thread please ?
Yes. No more about "boy" on this topic. We don't need a new topic. We already have one. Any further discussion about the use of "boy" belongs there:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9908