German Bakery opened on Jomtien 2nd Road

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
2lz2p

German Bakery opened on Jomtien 2nd Road

Post by 2lz2p »

Its name is Back Fabrik - hours are 6am to 7pm - serves several different breakfasts and several different baguette sandwiches. Plus it has different breads and pastries available to eat there or take out.

My first visit, I ordered a chicken breast baguette to take out along with a loaf of brown farmer rye bread (not the same taste as most of us that get deli rye bread for pastrami or corn beef in USA) which I found tasty and an apple crumble with custard. It was not too expensive - the loaf of bread and the apple crumble were around 80 Baht each as I recall - the baguette was around 170 Baht.

Since then, I have had breakfast there twice trying some of the different types rather than the typical eggs/bacon/sausage - both were good but the standout was the breads - one came with a sliced small loaf of bread/cold cuts/cheese/mushroom omelet; the other was eggs, ham (two types served like cold cuts), German fried potatoes (with bacon and onion), and a basket of different breads. These full breakfasts come with juice and coffee or tea.

He also has various pastries - apple strudel, eclairs, and much more.

For location, their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/backfabrik has a map -- it is between Jomtien Soi 9 and Soi Wat Boon on the West side - there is a U-turn cross over on the median right in front of the business. Another way to get there is to take Jomtien Beach Road to Soi Wat Boon (Grand Jomtien Palace hotel is at that intersection and it now has a traffic light) and take Wat Boon to Jomtien 2nd Road (the intersection is blocked off for through traffic so you have to turn left going toward Jomtien Soi 9) - turn left. There will be a large condo on your left - just past the entry gate is the condo parking garage - Back Fabrik is on your left just past the parking garage.

lvdkeyes

Re: German Bakery opened on Jomtien 2nd Road

Post by lvdkeyes »

This place sounds good to me.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

A friend and I went there today and had eclairs and coffee. Very good eclairs. They have chocolate, coffee and vanilla. There wasn't much bread in the cases. I suppose should go in the morning.
loke

Post by loke »

I can confirm its a great place to eat breakfast and the sandwiches are made exactly as I get them home in EU .
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Stopped there today to pick up a sandwich and some dark bread to take home. They had a sign on the door letting their customers know they will be closed from May 4 to May 21.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Geez, 4 years have gone by since I made the original post about the newly opened Back Fabrik German Bakery & Restaurant. Although I enjoyed their breakfast, the past year or so, I have opted for breakfast at Laong's (also in Duo Resort building, but a few doors down toward the 7-11). However, since Laong's is no longer open in the morning (they now open at 1pm), I decided to have breakfast again at Back Fabrik. They now have many more choices for breakfast - some come with a breadbasket with a variety of breads. I also picked up a couple of bags of their coffee beans to take home (they will grind for you if requested), which I like and at 150 baht per bag is IMO reasonable. They also have some schnitzel and meatballs already made and available for purchase to take home (as mentioned they also have several sandwiches in baguettes as well as other meals available). When having breakfast previously at Laong's, I have stepped into Back Fabrik to get coffee, bread, and other items to take home.

Their hours are 6am to 6pm.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

2lz2p wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:32 am Geez, 4 years have gone by since I made the original post about the newly opened Back Fabrik German Bakery & Restaurant. Although I enjoyed their breakfast, the past year or so, I have opted for breakfast at Laong's (also in Duo Resort building, but a few doors down toward the 7-11). However, since Laong's is no longer open in the morning (they now open at 1pm), I decided to have breakfast again at Back Fabrik. They now have many more choices for breakfast - some come with a breadbasket with a variety of breads. I also picked up a couple of bags of their coffee beans to take home (they will grind for you if requested), which I like and at 150 baht per bag is IMO reasonable. They also have some schnitzel and meatballs already made and available for purchase to take home (as mentioned they also have several sandwiches in baguettes as well as other meals available). When having breakfast previously at Laong's, I have stepped into Back Fabrik to get coffee, bread, and other items to take home.

Their hours are 6am to 6pm.
Two items to update --

Hours are now 7am to 6pm - closed Mondays.

They now have delivery in the Jomtien & Phratamnak area for their sandwiches, breads, pastries, and other items they sell for take home. Free deliver if order is over 500 baht - otherwise, 100 baht fee. To view and order delivery items, visit: http://www.back-fabrik.com/
atri1666

Post by atri1666 »

Thanks. Very good advice. Already found my items to order in october.
gera

Post by gera »

I am in Berlin at the moment and enjoy excellent German restaurants. Yesterday had apple strudel to die for.
Sorry cannot find comparable ones in Pattaya.
werner99

Post by werner99 »

How am I supposed to stay on my diet and remain slim, trim and sexy if I eat all this German food??