How Many Duds Have You Experienced?

Anything and everything about Thailand
Josan

Re: How Many Duds Have You Experienced?

Post by Josan »

Only a few duds over the years and most from Screw Boys. Never again!
werner99

Post by werner99 »

Hmm....perhaps we should ask the guys what percentage of the punters have been duds...
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Interesting suggestion. But how would the guys rate someone a dud. Sexual performance is hardly their main objective, although having a good time with a punter may affect their view of an off. But since cash is their primary objective, is being a Scrooge-like tipper the main criterion for qualifying as a dud, I wonder?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

fountainhall wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:09 pm is being a Scrooge-like tipper the main criterion for qualifying as a dud, I wonder?
3 guesses . . .
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

fountainhall wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:09 pm ...Sexual performance is hardly their main objective,..
Assuming this thread is focused on "Working Boys' I think after "Money" which of course is the primary objective, number two on the hit parade would probably be a toss up between things like: Jai Dee personality, fun to be with, clean/well-groomed, good in bed, and speaking a few words of Thai also gets a few extra brownie points.

If we're talking about str8-for-pay boys, you can cross off "sexual performance" because they're not going to like anything that happens regardless of what you do or don't do, nor do they care what you dress like or what type of cologne you're wearing. For them, money is the one and only objective and a Dud to them would be a Cheap Charlie. If we're talking about gay boys, money is still the primary objective, although"sexual performance" ranks much higher on their list, as well as things like having a fun personality, good sense of humor, cleanliness and good manners. If we're talking about ladyboys, "sexual performance" ranks extremely high and can sometimes even take priority over the "money factor" especially if the punter's a good top with a big cock. Not performing in bed with a ladyboy could result in being labeled a Dud regardless of the amount of the tip.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:31 pm a Dud to them would be a Cheap Charlie.
And I would agree with the boys. I think most of us are well aware that there are cheapskate farang who despite having spent a lot of money for the airfare alone to go to Thailand, stay in good hotels, treat themselves to good food at good restaurants, drink like there's no tomorrow, and then try to save money by giving the boys as little as they can get away with.

Calling people like that a dud is far too complimentary, in my opinion. I have a few other adjectives I would use to describe those types - and I'll bet the boys do too. Maybe they forget that the boys are the main reason why they go to Thailand in the first place.
Jun

Post by Jun »

What a great thread so far. It's always nice to read stories of first visits etc.

I have very fond memories of my first visit to Classic Boys in Bangkok, only 12 years ago. The stage had an excellent selection of nice twinks. The one I offed was of medium height & perfectly slim with just a hint of muscle. Medium long hair, definitely masculine & no tattoos.
He even posed for photos in every stage of undress, but I screwed up by having the flash off for some of the best ones.

As for duds, well I had one from Happy Boys.
This was when they had the upstairs and what I hadn't realised was some of them prefer to do lots of quickies upstairs & not offs.
The guy was all over me downstairs in the bar. There was a bit of a hesitation when I asked to off him, but I missed that signal and he quickly agreed to be offed. He backed off a tad once I agreed to off him. He backed off a lot once I paid the off fee. Having missed all these signals, he was like a sack of spuds in the bedroom. I called a halt after 15 minutes. Had to pay him something & he happily took 500 baht and scampered off to the bar.

Obviously, for all the remaining ones, they could be classed into above average, average, below average. Some are a little reluctant to do what they promised.
The definition of a dud kind of depends on where you define the threshold for dud.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

Nice to go down memory lane. Early on I spent some of my time in BKK and Pattaya with a few days here and there in Phuket and Chiang Mai, neither of which I have any fond memories in regards to boys. In fact I would say almost all of my sexual experiences in Phuket and Chiang Mai were of Massage encounters.

But I have so many fond memories memories of Soi Twilight before it became a tourist spot for the Chinese visitors . So many repeats and so easy to have a boy suggest one of his friends to join .

Pattaya was always included in my trips from the beginning and at first Sunee was where I spent most of my time and there was a good mix of Beer Bars and GoGo Bars . Easy to form friendships in Beer Bars . Not sure why Sunee became a place of failed bars. Was it the crack down on underage or intermittent raids by the police or just poor management . Eventually I saw no reason to spend much time there and migrated to Boyz Town.

I was never a drinker and certainly I did not find as many social possibilities in BT as I did in Sunee and I became more and more dependent on the Apps.
First Gayromeo and then all the others . For a number of years I spent most of my days in Pattaya and the rest in BKK. Always started with 4 nights and finished with 4 nights in BKK. Pattaya would be 22-52 days depending on whether I had a 60 day visa

I would probably go to the Bars 10-20% of the days I spent in Pattaya and many days offed no one. However the Apps became my favorite way to get boys.. Overall satisfaction was very good and I quite enjoyed looking for a boy at 10am or 4pm instead of always focusing on night time . I found no difference in my level of satisfaction between offing Boys from Bars or using the Apps . Certainly the Apps have made it tougher for the Bars especially in Pattaya where travel distances are short for the boys. BKK I found much harder to use the Apps just because of the travel distances . Not impossible but much more patience needed for when boy would actually arrive .

It has been almost 3 years since I have been in Thailand , during which I have travelled all over the world . Certainly more a regular tourist then sex Tourist but the Apps are useful almost anywhere.

When and if I return to Thailand , I will probably be excited to check out the new areas of Gay Bars since the destruction of Soi Twilight. It seems prices have continued to increase but there will a newness for me . Somehow I doubt I will return to Pattaya.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

firecat69 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:46 amNot sure why Sunee became a place of failed bars. Was it the crack down on underage or intermittent raids by the police or just poor management
I can''t answer the question as I just do not visit Pattaya very often. But I do remember one time when I was with two Australian friends and we all enjoyed a very pleasant stay at the Rabbit Resort. Maybe 20 years ago?. Having heard about Sunee Plaza we decided to have a look at some of the bars. In that part of the Plaza behind and to the left of what then was I think Corner Bar, we entered one. There must have been a good two dozen boys and quite a number of customers, mostly I guess around the age I am now. But we were all shocked that every boy looked little more than 14. Hard to be exact but certainly none looked 18. Each one had an almost vacant gaze. I felt desperately sorry for them but the three of us quickly exited.

On the other hand when Krazy Dragon opened somewhere around 17 - 18 years ago - or was it re-opened? - we enjoyed that format with the boys rotating around the higher tables wearing only very short skirt-like togas. Drink prices were very reasonable, boys were happy to sit with you for a drink and a small tip, and for the others Bt. 20 would allow some brief 'enjoyment'. As long as the boys rotated at a decent speed, it was fun. About two years later we returned and not only had the average age seemed to jump about 5 years, rotation was snail-like. We did not bother returning after that.

Afternoons were invariably on the beach. We thought the parade of scantily clad boys was as good as any bar show. Watching them play volleyball was fun, the more so when a ladyboy was part of one or both teams. In the water, approaching a boy was easy and a bit of hanky panky underwater often took place.

My only other memorable bar was Happy Boys. Great for twink lovers, largely because the boys themselves seemed determined to have fun. Buy a group drinks and they certainly gave the customer a great time. But I never saw many customers around. When the mezzanine level opened where just about anything took place, I felt the place went downhill.
firecat69 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:46 amthe Apps became my favorite way to get boys.. Overall satisfaction was very good and I quite enjoyed looking for a boy at 10am or 4pm instead of always focusing on night time . I found no difference in my level of satisfaction between offing Boys from Bars or using the Apps
In Pattaya I only once booked a boy from an app. I was staying at the Le Prive - half a dozen private bungalows set around a lovely pool run by a gay French guy. It was the afternoon and I decided to check the apps. He came round within half an hour, was easily 6 years older than his photos, but still pleasing to the eye. He definitely knew how to give a customer a good time.

In Bangkok, my early visits would always find me at the bars with Apollo on Soi 4 my absolute favourite. The much sleazier Twilight Bar would also be on my list. Those were the only two I visited until Barbiery opened. By this time Apollo had closed. Barbiery was a wonderful experience and has been raved about on the chat rooms for a long time. Once I even took one of the boys to Hong Kong for a long week-end, something I had never done before and have not done since.

With the opening of the gay sauna scene around the same time as Barbiery's opening - Volt off Asoke was certainly one of the first - my evenings would be divided between bars and saunas. When the original Babylon opened, everyone thought it was amazing and there were usually a lot more Thais around than farang.

So I guess around the early- to mid-1990s paying for offs from bars became far less usual for me. It was so easy to hook up with great-looking Thais in Babylon or often later in Heaven at the bottom end of Silom. Then Chakran with its beautiful Moroccan theme opened in direct competition to Babylon. I spent so many lovely evenings there, sometimes happy just to sit on the loungers at the bar by the pool watching all the young Thais (very few can have been more than 30 in those days, I reckoned) either swim or just walk down the outdoor stairs opposite whilst sipping a cocktail - oops!

I did continue to spend time and cash in the massage spas. I think the first I went to was V Club in its original location on Soi Aree. I believe it was the first to introduce minimum tips and they were not inexpensive. But it always had some masseurs who were genuine models and drop-dead gorgeous. Once Albury opened on Suk Soi 13, I was one of the first visitors. I quickly found a great young masseur who was my regular there for around 3 years. Sadly he told me he had an American boyfriend and would be moving to Chiang Mai eventually. There was at least one spa in Korea Town (near Suk 10) and Aqua in a private house on Sathorn Soi 9 both of which I frequented for some years. Sadly all three have closed.

Unlike many, if I use the apps it is to find young guys who just want to be with an older farang. I'm not interested in commercial sex from the apps. If you live in Bangkok rather than being a short-time visitor there are better ways to meet up and I do prefer to see and chat with someone before going any further. On the other hand, I rely very much on the apps when travelling. In recent months, I have got a lot of interest when in Hong Kong, Taipei, Ho Chi Minh and Tokyo (although in HCM they were to prove rather a waste of time). I suppose up till around half a dozen years ago, gaydar was the most popular for meeting young guys in Taipei and Tokyo. Now that site is virtually dead. I suppose I could use gay romeo but I hate the new format and just cannot be bothered with the site any more. Grindr, Hornet, Jack'd and Blued - in reverse order - work very well for me.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

fountainhall wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:30 pmHaving heard about Sunee Plaza we decided to have a look at some of the bars. In that part of the Plaza behind and to the left of what then was I think Corner Bar, we entered one. There must have been a good two dozen boys and quite a number of customers, mostly I guess around the age I am now. But we were all shocked that every boy looked little more than 14. Hard to be exact but certainly none looked 18.
I think you may be referring to Sportsman's Bar which was in operation then. It changed owners about 17 years ago and became Corner Bar.

Sportsman's was notorious for U/A boys, had a German owner, and seemed to cater mostly to German clientele. The first time I walked in the place all I remember thinking was "Only in Thailand". As you mentioned the boys were very young and appeared to me as ranging between 10 and 14 Y/O. I later learned that it was Sportsman's that became the nucleus of Sunee Plaza setting the stage for underage sex workers. In close competition were places like Amigo Gogo just around the corner from Sportsman's and Violet House. Crazy Pub also had there fair share of kids running around either half or completely naked. Back then the average age of a gogo boy in Sunee was probably no more than 18. Once they went over 19 they seemed to start losing their popularity. That's just the way it was in Sunee Plaza.