Sloane's Artisan Corned Beef

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Trongpai

Sloane's Artisan Corned Beef

Post by Trongpai »

It seems that most of the posters on this and the other boards are either Pattaya residents or Pattaya visitors but if I were living in Pattaya I would be willing to travel to Bangkok just for this product.

I bought this several times at the Villa Market on Sukhumvit 33, Bangkok. I've not found it at other Villa Markets in Bangkok. It's not always in stock.

I like other Sloane products as well, especially the Pastrami. I find that at Central Food Hall Chitlom only also not always in stock.

They have a web page with deliver options but I don't see the corned beef on offer as a delivery choice. The butcher is British, I think, but the corned beef and Pastrami are New York style deli meats. British style corned beef is often ground up, good to make hash but nothing else. There's also more traditional British products like black pudding.

https://sloanesbk.myshopify.com/
Gaybutton

Re: Sloane's Artisan Corned Beef

Post by Gaybutton »

Now that MJ's Smokehouse is gone, I'm glad to know there are still places where good corned beef can be had.

Looking at their web site I see they have a great many more hard to find items too.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Now, Sloane's is closed, out of business.
traveller123

Post by traveller123 »

Trongpai wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:37 pm Now, Sloane's is closed, out of business.
Are you sure?
There are very recent entries on their Facebook page promoting their Christmas products
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

First, I noticed their products missing from the Villa and Central Food Hall and I was suspicious. The web page is down too. I put two and two together and assumed they are closed. But, given how business in Thailand open, close and sometimes are closed temporary for various reasons, who knows?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I was in Villa Market's Sukhumvit Pattaya location today. There were several of their products in the frozen food section, although no corned beef.

Of course if they've closed down, for all I know those products may have been sitting there for months.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Their web page and facebook are now up under a new name, Bo.lan & Sloane's Aharn Farang Co., Ltd and a new ULR
https://www.sloanes.co.th/
https://www.facebook.com/sloanesbkk/

I'm still not seeing a lot of their products in stock at Villa and elsewhere other than in the freezers.